/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon Speedrunning question
Posted By: tbcrDate: 5/23/20 5:00 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon Speedrunning question *LINK* (Aaron Freed)

Took me forever to respond to this because I forgot my password.

Kindergarten categories (at least for the trilogy, ZPC, Wheels! and Damage Inc.) are generally considered the more technical skill categories. As enemies are, for the most part, not a considerable issue [exceptions: see hard death damaging enemies and compilers], more focus is on health and ammo management in addition to the various jumps and manipulation of various aspects of the engine(enemy manipulation on "Eat it, Vidboi!", Warping/"OOB" in M2/MInf/ZPC, Activating switches through walls, etc). This difficulty is the one I personally do the most as I like this style of speedrun. That being said, I also tackle TC to some degree.

Total Carnage runs, while technical skill is still a part of the run, are more intensive on combat as you're trying to go fast without dying from the hilarious amounts of carnage going on around you. The only time I'll touch this category is Co-op on the latter two games in the trilogy or Any%/All Main Levels on Infinity.

In regards to Aaron's comment about SGDQ, I did submit All Main Levels on Normal difficulty because A) They're probably not going to pick Kindergarten and B) I don't want people to suffer through multiple deaths on acme station doing TC. It's a toss-up if SGDQ is even going to be held due to COVID-19.

Final note, the marathonruns youtube channel is intended to be the video host for runs submitted to the leaderboard site that is (slowly) being developed. If you have any speedrun films [IL or full game] that you would like us to upload, DM either me or Aaron on discord or send them to the dropbox email marathonspeedruns@gmail.com

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon Speedrunning questionRE7 4/29/20 5:31 p.m.
     Re: Marathon Speedrunning questionGodot 4/30/20 4:36 a.m.
           Re: Marathon Speedrunning questionRE7 4/30/20 1:03 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon Speedrunning questionGodot 5/1/20 2:38 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon Speedrunning questionLion O Cyborg 5/1/20 1:30 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon Speedrunning question *LINK*Aaron Freed 5/2/20 11:40 a.m.
                             Re: Marathon Speedrunning questiontbcr 5/23/20 5:00 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon Speedrunning questionaperturegrillz 5/2/20 5:11 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon Speedrunning questionRE7 5/19/20 4:56 p.m.
                                   Re: Marathon Speedrunning questiontbcr 5/23/20 4:39 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.