/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Marathon Speedrunning question
Posted By: RE7Date: 4/29/20 5:31 p.m.

There was a PiD speedrunning thread not too long ago, so I thought I'd make a new post. Has anyone ran the Marathon Trilogy in one speedrun? Would anyone want to? You could add in PiD if you wanted to do a multi-game speedrun. Then you could add in Myth I and II. Then Oni. Then all the Bungie Halo games. Or just the pre-Halo games & post-Halo games. The current Marathon records for Kindergarten are 26:13 / 31:38 / & 22:55 for the Marathon trilogy. That would be 1:20:46. How long would it take if someone speedran all those three?
Pathways is 1:19:06. Myth I & II combined would be about 1:34:38. Oni is 1:19:10. All five of the Bungie Halo games would be 5 hours 28 minutes 38 seconds. The sum of all these records would be 11 hours 2 minutes. That would obviously be an all day speedrun. Destiny 1 & 2 are also around an hour speedrun each.
Has anyone ran them all before? Well, one person I know of has in Halo. See Proacejoker's Youtube channel, for example: https://www.youtube.com/user/Proacejoker/videos?view=0&sort=dd&flow=grid.
Now who would watch these speedruns? I think this would mainly be for the challenge, but perhaps more people will watch these videos with how crazy the challenge would be.
You could run these on easiest or hardest difficulty. Easiest is the go-to, since the run would be so long. You could also run these in any sort of category you wanted to. Like FPS only games for example.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon Speedrunning questionRE7 4/29/20 5:31 p.m.
     Re: Marathon Speedrunning questionGodot 4/30/20 4:36 a.m.
           Re: Marathon Speedrunning questionRE7 4/30/20 1:03 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon Speedrunning questionGodot 5/1/20 2:38 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon Speedrunning questionLion O Cyborg 5/1/20 1:30 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon Speedrunning question *LINK*Aaron Freed 5/2/20 11:40 a.m.
                             Re: Marathon Speedrunning questiontbcr 5/23/20 5:00 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon Speedrunning questionaperturegrillz 5/2/20 5:11 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon Speedrunning questionRE7 5/19/20 4:56 p.m.
                                   Re: Marathon Speedrunning questiontbcr 5/23/20 4:39 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.