/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”
Posted By: Aaron FreedDate: 3/25/20 11:54 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta” (Lion O Cyborg)

: Thanks for the tips. :)

No problem.

: I'll need to learn how to use Lua and MML as well […]

MML’s pretty easy – it’s just a version of XML – but Lua does take some work. People usually will help with problems if you ask them nicely enough though. The Story forums probably aren’t the best medium for it though, not least because the threaded conversations get difficult to keep track of, and the forum software doesn’t have many good markup tools for code.

: By the way Aaron, I've only just thought of this now, but do the changes to
: Eternal 1.2.1 include fixing the broken Hathor terminal in The Ensurance
: Trap? I was able to fix it using vasara or visual mode Lua in my copy of
: the 1.2 precipitation WAD (with a lot of difficulty), but I was unable to
: make a new image I added to the terminal script in my copy stick, no
: matter what I did, even after following some advice I got.

: Namely, I was trying to get the second page of the Hathor terminal to look
: like this:

I just played through my latest revision of the level last night and don’t remember that image at all, but I was kinda just doing all the Inti Station levels at once to get them out of the way, so they all blur together in my memory (I should probably stop doing them that way; it would help prevent that), and I might’ve just scrolled past it without paying much attention. (Encodes of all five levels will be up on YouTube… eventually. Hopefully within the next few days, but I actually feel busier *now* than I did before everything closed down because of SARS-CoV-2, so no promises.)

Anyway, if it’s not working in the download link above (I haven’t messed with the terminals on that level since the latest Github revision), you’ll probably want to submit it as an Issue on the project page on Github. The terminal is definitely functional and doesn’t have any broken images; I’m 100% sure I scrolled through that one, because it’s now required to access it to finish the level (it’s easily missed otherwise, since that terminal is non-functional on literally every other Inti Station level). I just don’t remember what the images accompanying it were. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen that image before, but I might just not have been paying close attention to the images. Usually I’m most focused on the text when I read those things, because graphic design is not really one of my areas of expertise.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta” *LINK*Aaron Freed 3/23/20 6:34 p.m.
     Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/23/20 6:36 p.m.
     Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Lion O Cyborg 3/24/20 12:57 a.m.
           Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/24/20 7:09 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/24/20 7:13 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Lion O Cyborg 3/25/20 5:54 a.m.
                       Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/25/20 11:54 a.m.
                             Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Lion O Cyborg 3/26/20 3:20 p.m.
                                   Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/27/20 9:43 a.m.
                                         Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Lion O Cyborg 3/27/20 10:13 a.m.
                                               Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/27/20 10:31 a.m.
                                                     Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/27/20 11:07 a.m.
                                                           Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”treellama 3/30/20 5:05 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Aaron Freed 3/31/20 9:35 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Forrest of B.org 3/31/20 6:06 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Forrest of B.org 3/25/20 12:45 p.m.
                             Re: Eternal 1.2.1 “semi-official beta”Lion O Cyborg 3/25/20 1:44 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.