/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon References I found in other games
Posted By: General-RADIXDate: 9/12/19 3:25 a.m.

In Response To: Marathon References I found in other games (Lion O Cyborg)

To be honest, most of these feel more like coincidences than consciously-made references. If you showed me these pics out of context, I wouldn't be able to tell you what was being "referenced" (aside from the Sonic Forces one, which I think was supposed to be a DBZ scouter, not an ocular implant).

In terms of stuff I'd believe were deliberate refs, there's some of the art from Ferazel's Wand, mention of Robert Blake somewhere in one of the Escape Velocity games, and the story bits of Shadow Wraith's manual clearly taking cues from Marathon (you're even told to "find a terminal" for Prometheus to contact you at next). There's pretty clear use of the Marathon emblem in that one No Man's Sky picture on this site. And of course, other Bungie games had some nods to the series (ex. Halo's Traxus Heavy Industries, Misriah Armory, and reuse of the term 'MJOLNIR').

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon References I found in other gamesLion O Cyborg 9/11/19 7:35 a.m.
     Re: Marathon References I found in other gamesRhody49 9/11/19 4:20 p.m.
           wow, are spam-bots getting better? *NM*ukimalefu 9/11/19 9:35 p.m.
     Re: Marathon References I found in other gamesGeneral-RADIX 9/12/19 3:25 a.m.
           Re: Marathon References I found in other gamesLion O Cyborg 9/12/19 5:20 a.m.
           Re: Marathon References I found in other gamesDurandal_1707 9/12/19 8:02 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon References I found in other gamesYossarian 10/7/19 10:40 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon References I found in other gamesGeneral-RADIX 10/8/19 3:31 a.m.
     Re: Marathon References : DescentThe Last Nakh 10/7/19 3:23 p.m.
           Re: Marathon References : DescentLion O Cyborg 10/8/19 1:09 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.