/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Fforest, if you're watching
Posted By: Lion O CyborgDate: 6/17/19 10:29 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Fforest, if you're watching (Forrest of B.org)

: I personally didn't really hide anything explicitly meant to be a secret in
: there, and I've been playing through the maps that everyone else made for
: so long now that I don't remember if anything in them is meant to be a
: secret or not. I think Aaron intentionally added a bunch of secret areas
: as he worked on maps last year, so he might be a better person to ask
: about that.

I found quite a bit of map writing when getting the map images in Weland. One of my favourites is from Lia in Heart of Fusion giving Tycho a 5D space lava moat defence around his core as an offering and declaring to avenge him. I sympathise as I like the non-corrupted Tycho too.

Most of the rest is largely signing and dating the maps from past builds and present, but some of the others include a filled rectangle with an arrow pointing to it on Unpfhorseen saying "This is supposed to become 12 after 3 min", a filled triangle on both Corporation maps signed by Aaron and saying "polygon height must be .768 WU or less to avert potential trap" and pointing to sector 419, a group of lines making up either an asterisk or a Seventh Column on Flight of Icarus and a note on Pfhor Far Lamm explaining the joke, which is a reference to the Sheep Beget Sheep joke.

I don't know if Jell-O Hell on Third Rock is still there, but that's my favourite part of that map so I don't consider the glitch a bug. Certainly fits with the Third Rock from the Sun reference in the title, especially Nightmare on Dick Street. This screenshot of it is from 1.1.

I did find a HOM effect on Killing the Giants in the Forever My Greatest portion of the map: After playing the map legit without abusing jump (as I hadn't played the original map in years), I jumped into the Trih Xeem shaft after completing my objective to see if the fall would take me back to the liquid thundrillium reactor drain directly below.

The map maker didn't think people would actually do that, not even with grenade jumping as it was indeed possible, so Instead I ended up in the Twilight Spark...I mean Twilight Zone:

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Fforest, if you're watchingVikingBoyBilly 6/15/19 4:49 p.m.
     Re: Fforest, if you're watchingForrest of B.org 6/17/19 9:44 a.m.
           Re: Fforest, if you're watchingLion O Cyborg 6/17/19 10:29 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.