/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2
Posted By: Lion O CyborgDate: 5/1/19 12:42 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2 (Shining Raven)

: So I haven't read what's going on, but speaking from experience - Lion O
: should be careful to make sure explaining himself doesn't become
: justifying his actions. Making snide comments about the party you're
: attempting to apologise to doesn't help, either. An apology needs to be
: genuine and respectful, otherwise, you'll just piss them off more.

That is something I do really need to be careful with in terms of the story writing. It is indeed supposed to be a genuine one but I'm terrified I'd screw up wording the dialog right and make things worse. My communication difficulties don't help, especially as they are one of the main factors that caused the misunderstanding to begin with.

It's also part of the reason I haven't really made any steps to create this mod, besides lacking the technical skills, needing to write a design doc, and only learning how to use the map editor. It's a catch 22.

I'd need to hire a cowriter/editor to make sure the dialog of the mod doesn't come off as snide or unsympathetic. It doesn't help that it was intended to be as subtle to real life as possible and there's no guarantee theory videos made on the mod will guess right, especially if I get the writing wrong and deliver the wrong message.

That is indeed sound advice.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 4/24/19 5:51 a.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Forrest of B.org 4/24/19 5:42 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Forrest of B.org 4/24/19 7:00 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 4/25/19 3:53 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 4/25/19 3:51 a.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2VikingBoyBilly 4/28/19 5:26 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 4/29/19 5:15 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 4/29/19 5:18 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 4/29/19 1:16 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2VikingBoyBilly 4/29/19 3:07 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 4/30/19 7:28 a.m.
                             Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 4/30/19 8:11 a.m.
                                   Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2VikingBoyBilly 4/30/19 2:12 p.m.
                                         Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Shining Raven 4/30/19 2:36 p.m.
                                               Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 5/1/19 12:42 a.m.
                                         Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2VikingBoyBilly 4/30/19 3:13 p.m.
                                               Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 5/1/19 12:25 a.m.
                                         Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 5/1/19 1:01 a.m.
                                               Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2VikingBoyBilly 5/1/19 4:33 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.