/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2
Posted By: Lion O CyborgDate: 4/29/19 1:16 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2 (VikingBoyBilly)

As a PS to the other replies, Chapter 2 Stage 1 is now done and I will post it tomorrow. I've worked out a way of collaborating on this based on the two past replies:

The failure planks from here on here on are free for you to cover. My only request is that I handle the Inti Station dreams for the ones in Chapters 3-5 as there are more plot relevant events to the "meta game story" I have been telling via this series. These could be "Boss" acts of the same stage.

In the meantime, I will do a personal version of the failure ones that I will not post: these will exist solely for recording my own playthrough and providing cue cards for any of my own thoughts on those levels I may have that I could mention in replies to the "canon" entry, such as when I provided tips, trivia and other oddities regarding Halo on your Halo PC writeups, similar to other discussions on past Tours including PID.

The "Lucas Director's Cut versions" for want of a better name (but accurate on both Lucas and everyone else's sides of the coin considering both the Star Wars ones and my narrative for the Eternal Tour as a whole) can be summarised as recaps of the main failure stages for the boss act intro as well.

The Lucas versions of the failure stages may go in my log for safe keeping with the main ones I cover once the whole series is done -if I see if the images can be included in tumbrl text post (this includes PID's one)- but they will not see the light of day on the story forum, as I don't intend to hog the roast.

I really appreciate your help as it means less hassle for me too. I only do the unaired Lucas versions as an extracurricular activity while I wait, mainly due to my OCD making me feel I must go on. I just can't post the Lucas ones as it wouldn't be fair.

Once the tour is finished, would you also like to do a Halo 2 Vista playthrough like you did Halo 1 PC? I recommend the High Charity warthog run restored mod I linked to before.

As a "B movie" series to that, I could cover the mod SPV3 for Halo 1.

Back to Marathon again, I do also need to point out that the maps in both planks were shimmied around a little in Eternal X Omega 1.1 compared to the original Eternal X 1.0 so they are different to 1.0 in 1.1 and are further still in 1.2:

I read on TV tropes that Act 1 of Stage 2 now contains architecture in places from 1.0's Chapter 4 success plank map Forever My Greatest and Only Love, which was cut from 1.1 entirely for reasons unknown. It was a mazy and tricky map at times, but I liked it. It had a cool concept of draining thundrillium solution from the Trih Xeem on the Pfhor ship and preventing it from firing. I think. It's been a while since I played 1.0.

Second to Last of the Mohicans became a failure plank map in 1.1 and on the Rampancy boys Halo 2 Anniversary stream, Shining Raven pointed out that she made the conveyor belts in the 1.2 version of Mohicans not only accessible, but fully functional with scripting. That is also something I greatly look forward to as well in both our playthroughs. I recommend in your writeups using the rain map like I am as it's worth it. If your computer can't handle it then it's alright to switch back.

Even I got a couple of lag spikes in Unlucky Pfhor Some, mostly by the man cannon leading to the central spire, and that map doesn't even have rain in it. (it's mainly due to my PC being from 2013)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 4/24/19 5:51 a.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Forrest of B.org 4/24/19 5:42 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Forrest of B.org 4/24/19 7:00 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 4/25/19 3:53 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 4/25/19 3:51 a.m.
     Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2VikingBoyBilly 4/28/19 5:26 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 4/29/19 5:15 a.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 4/29/19 5:18 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 4/29/19 1:16 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2VikingBoyBilly 4/29/19 3:07 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 4/30/19 7:28 a.m.
                             Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 4/30/19 8:11 a.m.
                                   Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2VikingBoyBilly 4/30/19 2:12 p.m.
                                         Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Shining Raven 4/30/19 2:36 p.m.
                                               Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 5/1/19 12:42 a.m.
                                         Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2VikingBoyBilly 4/30/19 3:13 p.m.
                                               Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 5/1/19 12:25 a.m.
                                         Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2Lion O Cyborg 5/1/19 1:01 a.m.
                                               Re: Eternal X Tour of Duty Chapter 1 Stage 2VikingBoyBilly 5/1/19 4:33 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.