/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Speaking of Halo...
Posted By: Durandal_1707Date: 1/17/19 8:09 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Bungie leaves activision (Lion O Cyborg)

: True, but I just called them HD for simplicity, basing the idea on Halo 1+2
: Anniversary's Remastered mode. moreso Halo 2 Anniversary whose Remastered
: mode essentially does the same thing as XBLA Marathon 2, as opposed to
: Halo 1 Anniversary where they did the better thing of using Halo Reach and
: Halo 3 models in Halo 1's color scheme.

: The only bad bit I can think of there other than animation goofs in
: Remastered mode (mostly cutscenes) was giving the Halo hunters the
: injector tube assault cannons instead of updating their drum magazine
: model to look like Reach's hunters but with the old gun design. The Halo
: PC mod SPV3 gives us both the drum mag and tubes on the same model and
: lets you use it.

Hey, as long as we're talking about Halo and AV asset decisions and such, I finally managed to get around to playing the first Halo game a few months ago (yeah, yeah, I know. I was bitter at Bungie about the Microsoft thing when it originally came out), and... well... I have questions.

Namely: Why do the Covenant sound like that? I'm not sure exactly what I'd been expecting a group of alien Knights Templar to sound like, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't "Ewoks on cocaine." And why the heck do they speak English? Yeah I get that the Covenant has known of humans longer than the Pfhor had, and that they had time to learn their languages and such, fine, but why the hell would they speak it to each other on the battlefield? It doesn't benefit them at all for the Master Chief to know they're saying "Hey! He's over there!"

And then it's just the little grunt guys. The rest of them make more normal-sounding Marathon-ish sounds, making it even weirder. Unless the rest of the Covenant were saying something in English, and I just wasn't able to make out what it was because of the low-res sounds. And trust me, I was straining my ears to try to figure out if they were saying something. Ahhhhhhh.... Rogovah!

?????????????????????????????????

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Bungie leaves activision *LINK*ukimalefu 1/10/19 11:53 p.m.
     Re: Bungie leaves activisionBob-B-Q 1/11/19 8:37 a.m.
     Re: Bungie leaves activisionVikingBoyBilly 1/11/19 3:32 p.m.
           Re: Bungie leaves activisionVikingBoyBilly 1/11/19 3:58 p.m.
                 Re: Bungie leaves activisionDurandal_1707 1/12/19 4:56 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie leaves activisionDurandal_1707 1/12/19 5:06 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie leaves activisionLion O Cyborg 1/13/19 3:09 a.m.
     Re: Bungie leaves activisionGeneral-RADIX 1/11/19 3:57 p.m.
     Re: Bungie leaves activisionLion O Cyborg 1/13/19 3:02 a.m.
           Re: Bungie leaves activisionVikingBoyBilly 1/13/19 2:38 p.m.
                 Re: Bungie leaves activisionLion O Cyborg 1/13/19 11:20 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie leaves activisionShining Raven 1/14/19 6:14 a.m.
                             Re: Bungie leaves activisionLion O Cyborg 1/15/19 2:33 p.m.
                                   Re: Bungie leaves activisionShining Raven 1/15/19 4:35 p.m.
                                         Re: Bungie leaves activisionLion O Cyborg 1/16/19 9:41 a.m.
                                               Re: Bungie leaves activisionShining Raven 1/16/19 8:08 p.m.
                                   Speaking of Halo...Durandal_1707 1/17/19 8:09 p.m.
                                         Re: Speaking of Halo...Lion O Cyborg 1/18/19 9:25 a.m.
                                               Re: Speaking of Halo...Lion O Cyborg 1/18/19 9:28 a.m.
                                                     Re: Speaking of Halo...Durandal_1707 1/19/19 6:50 p.m.
                                                           Re: Speaking of Halo...Lion O Cyborg 1/20/19 12:35 a.m.
                                                                 KHAAAAAAAAAAN!Durandal_1707 1/20/19 5:17 a.m.
                                         Re: Speaking of Halo...Bob-B-Q 1/18/19 11:11 a.m.
                                               Re: Speaking of Halo...VikingBoyBilly 1/21/19 11:27 a.m.
                                                     Re: Speaking of Halo...Lion O Cyborg 1/21/19 11:43 a.m.
                                                           Re: Speaking of Halo...Durandal_1707 1/22/19 3:56 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Speaking of Halo...Lion O Cyborg 1/22/19 9:05 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.