/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Bungie leaves activision
Posted By: Shining RavenDate: 1/14/19 6:14 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Bungie leaves activision (Lion O Cyborg)

: So basically Marathon Redux then?

*cough*

: XBLA sprites do Marathon's ones too as the original M2 sprites just don't
: look very good to me, but the original M1 ones do.

: I'm thinking of at least trying the old texture graphics for M2 when I play
: them on my Mac soon, to see if they aren't as bad as I first saw them: I
: first saw the old textures for M2 and Infinity on ios and that spoiled it
: for me as I was used to the gorgeous HD ones, and also I think the ios
: ones were lower quality than the original Mac and PC/Mac Aleph One
: releases so I'll try them again on PC/Mac to see if they actually are
: good. I still prefer the HD monsters though. (I first saw the original
: ones in Infinity on PC as it didn't come with an HD monsters plugin)

Now that's a minority opinion if I ever heard one. I never thought anyone liked those monsters apart from the people who modelled them. And liking the M1 originals but not the M2 originals? The M1 fighter is almost exactly the same as the M2 fighter, but with inverted eyes, no shading, and no glow.

Let's be clear, the XBLA monsters are NOT HD. They are the same if not lower resolution than the original. The only way they might surpass the limitations of the originals is in not being limited to 256 colours, and they don't really DO that.

: also like both the HD and old graphics for Marathon 1 especially the lava
: in both versions, both hotplates and the M1A1 shimmering liquid. The only
: other hotplate polygons that don't suck are the ones in Doom 4.

The reason why the HD replacements for M1 shine is because they were made by the community, by people trying to be faithful to the originals, not trying to make them look more menacing from an anthropomorphic viewpoint in order to sell a game.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Bungie leaves activision *LINK*ukimalefu 1/10/19 11:53 p.m.
     Re: Bungie leaves activisionBob-B-Q 1/11/19 8:37 a.m.
     Re: Bungie leaves activisionVikingBoyBilly 1/11/19 3:32 p.m.
           Re: Bungie leaves activisionVikingBoyBilly 1/11/19 3:58 p.m.
                 Re: Bungie leaves activisionDurandal_1707 1/12/19 4:56 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie leaves activisionDurandal_1707 1/12/19 5:06 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie leaves activisionLion O Cyborg 1/13/19 3:09 a.m.
     Re: Bungie leaves activisionGeneral-RADIX 1/11/19 3:57 p.m.
     Re: Bungie leaves activisionLion O Cyborg 1/13/19 3:02 a.m.
           Re: Bungie leaves activisionVikingBoyBilly 1/13/19 2:38 p.m.
                 Re: Bungie leaves activisionLion O Cyborg 1/13/19 11:20 p.m.
                       Re: Bungie leaves activisionShining Raven 1/14/19 6:14 a.m.
                             Re: Bungie leaves activisionLion O Cyborg 1/15/19 2:33 p.m.
                                   Re: Bungie leaves activisionShining Raven 1/15/19 4:35 p.m.
                                         Re: Bungie leaves activisionLion O Cyborg 1/16/19 9:41 a.m.
                                               Re: Bungie leaves activisionShining Raven 1/16/19 8:08 p.m.
                                   Speaking of Halo...Durandal_1707 1/17/19 8:09 p.m.
                                         Re: Speaking of Halo...Lion O Cyborg 1/18/19 9:25 a.m.
                                               Re: Speaking of Halo...Lion O Cyborg 1/18/19 9:28 a.m.
                                                     Re: Speaking of Halo...Durandal_1707 1/19/19 6:50 p.m.
                                                           Re: Speaking of Halo...Lion O Cyborg 1/20/19 12:35 a.m.
                                                                 KHAAAAAAAAAAN!Durandal_1707 1/20/19 5:17 a.m.
                                         Re: Speaking of Halo...Bob-B-Q 1/18/19 11:11 a.m.
                                               Re: Speaking of Halo...VikingBoyBilly 1/21/19 11:27 a.m.
                                                     Re: Speaking of Halo...Lion O Cyborg 1/21/19 11:43 a.m.
                                                           Re: Speaking of Halo...Durandal_1707 1/22/19 3:56 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Speaking of Halo...Lion O Cyborg 1/22/19 9:05 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.