/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Sonic '06! Flee to K'lia!
Posted By: Lion O CyborgDate: 6/6/18 1:05 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Sanic '06! Flee to K'lia! (General-RADIX)

: Er...I never played '06 but I like the story (odd as it may get at times) and
: appreciate it for being one of the last Adventure-era plots, plus I have a
: lot of fond memories of all the pre-release speculation going around. Am I
: a troll, too?

: wrt: the symbol, I'unno if it was specifically a reference to the Marathon
: insignia, but it's an amusing similarity at the very least.

You aren't a troll and neither am I. I like the story too. The screenshot is from the Complete Edition mod running on Xenia, which fixes a couple of things but it's not perfect. I'm currently holding out for the fan debugged remake on PC. Complete Edition also nerfs Sonic's homing attack, making some jumps harder and it removes Elise from the sections she's meant to be carried, rendering those levels unwinnable so I need to switch to vanilla then.

As for the symbol, I only really made the connection when I played Marathon that year (I played both the original trilogy and New Sonic in 2012) after looking at it closely. After I learned about the popularity of the games in Japan, it made me think if Sega had slipped it in. If they hadn't it is indeed still a cool coincidence.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Does this symbol look familiar?Lion O Cyborg 6/2/18 1:03 p.m.
     hmmmm *NM*ukimalefu 6/2/18 6:59 p.m.
     Sanic '06! Flee to K'lia! *NM*VikingBoyBilly 6/3/18 8:09 a.m.
           Re: Sanic '06! Flee to K'lia!Lion O Cyborg 6/3/18 9:42 a.m.
                 Re: Sanic '06! Flee to K'lia!VikingBoyBilly 6/3/18 1:47 p.m.
                       Re: Sanic '06! Flee to K'lia!General-RADIX 6/3/18 5:13 p.m.
                             Re: Sanic '06! Flee to K'lia!VikingBoyBilly 6/4/18 4:05 p.m.
                             Re: Sonic '06! Flee to K'lia!Lion O Cyborg 6/6/18 1:05 p.m.
                       Re: Sanic '06! Flee to K'lia!Lion O Cyborg 6/6/18 12:56 p.m.
                             Re: Sanic '06! Flee to K'lia!VikingBoyBilly 6/7/18 4:39 p.m.
                                   Re: Sanic '06! Flee to K'lia!Lion O Cyborg 6/8/18 6:48 a.m.
                                         Re: Sanic '06! Flee to K'lia!VikingBoyBilly 6/8/18 4:31 p.m.
                                               Re: Sanic '06! Flee to K'lia!Lion O Cyborg 6/10/18 8:03 a.m.
                                                     Re: Sanic '06! Flee to K'lia!VikingBoyBilly 6/11/18 2:57 p.m.
                                                           Re: Sanic '06! Flee to K'lia!VikingBoyBilly 6/11/18 3:13 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.