/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stuf
Posted By: Shining RavenDate: 4/14/18 1:53 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stuf (General-RADIX)

: It did still take Durandal seventeen years to find Lh'owon, though...the
: consequences of not having a star map?

And the fortunes of having an inaccurate one. Leela erroneously believes that Earth is 92 light-years from Tau Ceti, perhaps someone or some thing deliberately sabotaged the Marathon's celestial records in order to prevent the Pfhor from finding the location of Sol. With a defective starmap, the Pfhor would have had to torture the location out of one of the humans.

: Durandal does say "you can stay behind" in the final M2 terminal,
: but then he goes on to tell the SO that " their " next stop will
: be a ruined world. I think Durandal did take the SO with him; he just
: wanted to troll him a bit. (Doesn't rule out the W'rk breaking free before
: either can leave, but hopefully Infinity's events take care of that
: problem...somehow)

True, although it could be an exclusive we and not an inclusive we. In English we do not differentiate, but in for example Hawaiian, there are four separate equivalent pronouns for "you and me" (kaua), "me and one other person" (maua), "me and other people" (makou), and "me, you, and one or more others" (kakou). As a Hawaiian speaker, I tend to look with skepticism upon unspecific English "we" and "our" statements, especially when they're made by insane computers with alien friends.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stuffMarathoner325 4/13/18 12:31 p.m.
     Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufForrest of B.org 4/13/18 2:33 p.m.
     Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufVikingBoyBilly 4/13/18 5:00 p.m.
           Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufMartin 4/14/18 10:21 p.m.
     Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufGeneral-RADIX 4/13/18 7:32 p.m.
           Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufShining Raven 4/13/18 9:59 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufGeneral-RADIX 4/13/18 11:13 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufShining Raven 4/14/18 1:53 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufukimalefu 4/14/18 6:32 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufMarathoner325 4/14/18 10:43 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufShining Raven 4/14/18 2:05 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufGeneral-RADIX 4/15/18 12:04 a.m.
           Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufMarathoner325 4/14/18 10:59 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufShining Raven 4/14/18 2:09 p.m.
     Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufNevets01 4/20/18 9:09 a.m.
           Re: Marathon 2 is its own timeline, and other stufDurandal_1707 4/20/18 4:11 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.