/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Path of KAP monsters/ideas for Eternal 1.2
Posted By: Lion O CyborgDate: 1/29/18 9:28 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Eternal X 1.2 (Forrest of B.org)

Here's the complete list of basic monsters and boss monsters I either made up or intend to borrow from PID or Marathon Evil. Some of these might work as alternate Wrkncacnter monsters to the headless and nightmares for Eternal 1.2 if you think some of them are good. The PID ones maybe not so much. (the original word document was written from an in universe perspective of KAP's guide) There exist references to weapons I wanted for it I had written up too. I could post the document for those too later if you want.

Key:

Italics: PID monster, don't even need to look at.

Bold: Recommended

Italics and underlined: Other Marathon enemy

Pre text notes:

Some of the things below are references to other mod ideas such as weapons or hazards.

The Pinecone referenced later is the BFG of Path of KAP. it is a literal Pinecone that causes a Juggernaut blast and instantly kills anything with a given radius, except maybe the Final Boss (unless it's vulnerable) or the Extra/Puzzle boss.

The Meta is a comb with rusty drawing pins welded to it. Basically it's a reskin of the shock staff, but the projectile attack flings a pfhor fighter that gibs when it hits something.

The Chaingun is wrist mounted and is basically the MA-75. Inspiration comes from Pumyra from Thundercats 2011 and playing too much Marathon and Doom in 2012 and 2013. This was long before I knew that EVIL had a chaingun. ,U.Marathon 1 grenade climbing must be working for this weapon,/u>

The Boomstick is just the PID Grenade launcher with the option to fire white phosphorus style grenades as an Alt Fire ala the grenade launcher from Strife.

Blood and sewage are liquid ideas for the mod. Both would come in harmless and harmful varieties (or so I hope) which may be possible with Weland, but I haven't had a lot of time to work with it recently so I'm not sure.

Data Gel is just retextured Pfhor slime, as is blood. That's all you need to know.

Dark Nerves are basically a black tangle of wires texture on a hotplate floor and/or as a shallow liquid (cables floating in coolants) that unlike other liquids or hotplates, deal instant death. They are based on another kind of (fictional) Dark Network nexus, and the instant kill floors in Strife.

Final Note: I don't actually have any of these assets as I lack the skills and/or knowledge required to make and program or import them. They are just ideas I wrote down for my idea for a mod, which was inspired by PID and the Binding of Isaac Rebirth.

Path of K.A.P
Monsters

Headless

Headless (or headlesses) are bipedal creatures with cephalopod mouths and long red tongues instead of an upper torso.
Do not waste ammo on them unless there is a large hoard. Use the primary attack of the Meta instead.
Attack: Green Slime

Death Message: You have died a horrible and nasty death. Wipe off the smelly goo and try again.

Nightmare

Nightmares don’t actually look that scary. They float through the air and spit balls of electricity at you.
Blue Greater Nightmares have armoured flesh and therefore, can only be killed with the Boomstick, Flamethrower and Pinecone. Their lightning balls also track you and can sometimes be hard to avoid.

Both types of nightmare explode when they die so keep your distance.
Attack: Ball Lightning

Death Messages: 1. Green: You have been cooked by a Nightmare. Don’t worry; it happens to everyone a few times.
2. Blue: You have been fried by a Greater Nightmare. (and yes, their electric balls track you)
3. Death explosion: You were standing too close to that Nightmare when it died. Wipe off the gibs and try again.

Ooze

Oozes look and smell like they are made entirely of wet poo. They will sling blobs of feces at your face and eat you with the maws in their chests.
Most projectiles slop right through them so they take a long time to die.

The green oozes are made of the poo of typhoid victims. They deal more damage and never fall, no matter what you use.
They don’t attack anyone who is poisoned, probably because the toxins/pathogens “salt the meat” for them to consume after they die.

Attack: Blobs of semi-liquid poo
Death Messages: 1. Brown: Oozes, they’re everywhere. Can’t stand em.
2. Typhoid: They are: the Great Typhoid Poo. And they’re going to throw their shit at you!

Devlins (From Marathon EVIL)

Horrible masses of mouldy leaves and swamp water held together with sharp, claw-like sticks. Some are invisible. Their claws rake off raw flesh like roast pork straight from the bone. They collapse into a puddle of damp mulch when you kill them.

Attack: Claws and teeth

Death message: It doesn’t bleed, but you can kill it.

Fire Devlins

Similar to their marshy brethren, except these devlins have magma running through them and are on fire.
Their attacks hurt more and they can also spew streams of burning methanol, made from the distilled remains of their victims.

Attack: Claws and teeth, plus fire vomit

Death Message: You’ve been roasted by a fire devlin. I hope you packed asbestos underwear.

Ignecrabromon

Ignecrabromon are wasp-like entities of fire and venom. From afar, they launch magma bombs filled with liquid potassium and charge in to inject a direct dosage from their stings.

Attack: Magma bombs and liquid potassium stings.

Death Message: The virus-type binary demons killed you with your first initial. We won’t stand for this insult when we have the Action key.

Banshee

Nearly invisible phantasms, Banshees cannot be killed with ordinary weapons as projectiles fly right through them. You will need to use the Meta’s primary attack, the flamethrower or Pinecone to kill them.

Using the Meta is dangerous however as they take a few hits from it which may be enough time to smother you.

Attack: suffocation

Death Message: You have died. Those Banshees are really annoying aren’t they?

Glassworm

Glassworms are not translucent parasites like you’d think, but giant hellish annelids of lava.

They burrow underground to escape shots and attack by spitting liquid Caesium mines and biting with their split lips. They are vulnerable to hitscan grenades and spore pods only.

Attack: Caesium mines and (teeth?)

Death message: The Demonic Revenge of the Jim-in-the box! (TM)

Shemales (Just ignore this one: This monster isn't appropriate for outside of the Path of KAP mod)

Skitters and Vores were bad enough. Shemales are just disgusting.
(Author's note: Vores as in the Quake 1 boss)

They are basically predatory succubae that look like a female anime villain with a giant spider for an arse. Shemales weave thick webs to ensnare any attractive women to use as incubators for their eggs.

This includes you too. Since you don’t get caught, they just attack openly, by shooting balls of web soaked with data gel.
They can also transform one of their arms into a polyp of purple tentacles which they pistol whip you with and also use in a less violent manner on victims after they are finally subdued. (take a wild guess)

Any males they catch are farmed for more gel, which they mutate into their own DNA using viruses in their bodies and add to their natural supply. The males are then killed and eaten as they prefer female prey.
Any unattractive prey of either sex is just eaten on the spot, or their carcasses are kept in a separate part of their lair for later consumption.

There are also venomous shemales, which have dark green spider bodies, are slightly stronger and whose web projectiles are infested with viruses which will deal 3 quarters of damage to health and shields.
Kill with the TOZT, please, but they are also vulnerable to the Chaingun.

Attack: Data gel filled webs and tentacles
Death messages: 1. Normal: You’ve been caught in the ??? Terra Byte strands of a shemale’s web and infected for all eternity. The good news is you may not be one of them any more (if at all). The bad news is this means it is not heaven, but hell, for both of us. Use the action key right now to end this atrocity.

2. Venomous: You’ve been killed by a venomous shemale. Try shooting it before it shoots you.

Carriers

Carriers are ordinary humans of about 7 to 21 years that have been infected by parasitic insects. Their heads swell to unnatural shapes, some of which resemble popcorn, as the bugs grow inside their brain cavities.

Carriers do not attack you and instead run away; other monsters will try to attack them instead. While you can just leave them as they are in enough agony already, this may not be wise as they release their payload when they die.

There are a couple of types which are instead told apart by head size and signs of decay as their payload feed on their muscle tissue.
The oldest types of carrier are practically undead, more like empty husks serving only as portable hives.

Upon death, they release the insects they were carrying which hunt you down to bite and sting. Only those insects are the threat and they cannot be killed by you, forcing you to run.
They die after a minute or so and don’t deal too much damage but there are usually groups of carriers and they cannot be killed by your weapons except the Pinecone.

The older the carrier, the more insects are released and thus, the bigger the threat the bugs pose. The insects from the oldest carriers never die except in lava or by the Boomstick’s secondary fire.

Try to keep as many of the carriers alive as you can and leg it if any die.

Attack: None

Death Messages: 1.Insect swarm I: Those swarming, buzzing insects have finally stung you to death.

2.Insect swarm II: These insect clouds aren’t as easy to get rid of as the smaller swarms are they?

Lost Soul
These kinds of lost soul aren’t flying burning skulls, but semi-undead humans. Lost Souls usually have bleeding eyes as if crying blood and others have no eyes at all.
They will beat you with their knifed fists and spit contaminated blood as a projectile attack. When a lost soul dies, its head may come off, leaving an animate torso gushing blood out the top, occasionally launching homing blood shots out of the jet.

Attack: Knife reinforced fingers and blood shots

Death Messages: 1. Lost Soul: You’ve been killed by a lost soul. The poor saps can really spit.
2. Blood-zombie: You were killed by the corrosive blood of a lost soul’s remains. Wipe the blood off your face and give it another go.

Stalker

Stalkers are similar to oozes but are grey and made of decayed vegetable matter. They can deal a large amount of damage and are spawned by Shard#4, the False Reality.
Attack: Blobs of decaying plant matter
Death Message: You wake up days, perhaps months later staring at the stars and wondering “Where the hell’s my roof?”

Path of K.A.P
Bosses

Many of the bosses you encounter will be the Shards. The Shards are 7 beings split directly from the Core who stalk each level of the catacombs. There are other bosses too, who also should not be underestimated.

Greed

There are two Greed monsters at the bottom of the caves leading into the catacombs. These bruiser brothers take a million hits to kill and launch twin fireballs out of their arms. Like all bosses, you can only leave when both are killed. Greed is Shard#1.

Attack: Fireballs
Death Message: Well if you needed a light, I guess you got one.

Selfishness

Shard#2, selfishness is a snake-like entity a level down from Greed. It cannot die directly and appears not to at all. Selfishness is extremely hostile despite his malevolent grin and spews hot air and noise from his potty mouth.
A gas mask might have worked to protect you, but it wasn’t manifested in time. There should be some means of dealing with it nearby. Try finding a way to either squash or expose to vacuum this giant purple mutant hell-beast.

Attack: Temper tantrums in physical form.
Death Message: That was fun. What’s your next plan?

Creativity
A master of worlds, Shard#3 can only be found in Special Stages where he spawns, but you do fight him for the first time in the Vector Deserts.
Creativity is a shadow and crystal being who will spawn other monsters to attack you before revealing himself. He wields Caesium grenades and a Chaingun.
Attack: Wrist-mounted Chaingun and Caesium Grenades
Death Message: Game Over. You have infinite lives and XXXX patience remaining. Press Action to try again.

Outsiders
The outsiders cannot be made out right. From what I can tell, they know little about this world but somehow found a way in. Both outsiders appear ghostlike and while they don’t die necessarily, you can banish them back to the outer world.

Demon Trees (Ignore this one too. Not suitable for most Marathon mods)

Found in the Dark Bowers, the very trees of those mountain woods are possessed by demons who will use them to tentacle rape lost cute girls like you, leaving them prey to oozes, Devlins or even Shard#4.
They can only be killed by the TOZT flamethrower.

False Reality
You know of Shard#4 strongly. This Shard is a mass of decayed bodies mashed together with asparagus and stinging nettle stems.
The False Reality will spawn grey oozes to distract you when it attacks.
No lies of yours, ghostbusters or even my own attempts to destroy its body can stop its sharp, bladed stems it stabs with, even if we can keep our distance from it. Throw every weapon you have at it until it falls.
Attack: Bladed plant stems
Death Message: The nightmares of our past consume you and you wander this world endlessly for an exit while they return to finish me off.

C.H.A.D (Same as the skitter girls and the possessed forestry; not for Eternal)
Formed out of congealed and jellied data gel, the Cunt Hungry AIDS Demon swims about in pools of the substance it is made from and floats around above the surface.
C.H.A.D will try to infect you by spurting thick blobs of the stuff full of cheese at you from its body and even launching heat-seeking memory bullets.
You will have the Pinecone by the time he appears but don’t use it on him as it will increase his hit points instead of decreasing them.
Attack: Cheesy data gel bombs and heat-seeking memory bullets.
Death Message: That death was just gross. Clean off the stinking jelly with a very dilute volume of hydrochloric acid and try again.

Shemale Queen (same as above)
How these disgusting creatures even have queens is beyond me. It’s like the normal ones but much bigger, it can launch even more web balls at once and has a data gel launcher whose projectiles are similar to C.H.A.D’s.
Unlike C.H.A.D, it is weak to the Pinecone.
Attack: Data gel bombs and venomous webs.
Death Message: You stood in awe of the Spider Mastermind before being webbed in its lair.

Fear
Fear is a towering cyborg demon with Dark Nerves lacing around his body, powering his weapons. Shard#5 is found in the R’lyeh Skyline below the building where I first encountered… No. I can’t think about that thing right now.
Fear is not far away from the Road to Mirai. You will have to get past him in order to descend further. He has a rocket launcher in his arm and fires Caesium grenades from his heart to protect himself.

Attack: Rocket Launcher and Caesium grenades
Death Message: You were blown apart by raw horror. There’s far worse where he’s been…

Love

(wouldn't want to spoil the boss of the (semi) penultimate part of the mod would we? I wouldn't even know if it's possible to make an Iblis clone such as this one for use in Aleph One. Granted, Brutal Doom starter pack has the Titan Baphomet's full body, its own Iblis clone and an even bigger cyberdemon reskin...)

A disciple of the Lion Goddess, Shard#6 earns his power from the Flames of Disaster known as Iblis, god of fire. After the Lion Goddess’s mysterious disappearance and Mirai’s bleak condition, he destroyed and flooded all of Mirai with lava and earthquakes in a blind, never ending rage of despair and envy.
Love appears as a gigantic being of semi-liquid lava and peridotite armour no matter what form he takes.
He will manifest as a tornado of fire, sucking up the very magma it rages over. Getting sucked into the vortex is instant death and it will be throwing obsidian chunks, cars and other debris at you.
After taking on more direct form, Love resembles a humanoid cat rising out of the lava. This form will breathe fire and launch bread-crust bombs.

In his final form, he is completely protected by peridotite and can only be beaten using the Pinecone and Boomstick. He will then use Pinecone blasts of his own as well as homing lava bombs and caesium jets.
Form 1 Attack: Bread-crust bombs and fire breath.
Form 1 Death Message: The Iblis Trigger met her (temporary) end at the hands of her worshipper.
Form 2 Attack: Heat Seeking Bread-crust bombs, caesium jets and Pinecone waves.
Form 2 Death Message: Love conquers all, even his makers.

(Mirai is the name of one of the chapters/locations in the mod, set in a burning city flooded with lava, based on one down south of where I live) The city castle was built on an extinct volcano and it is meant to be active again in the game. The chapter uses a foreign name for "future" for largely the same reasons as the use of Latin in the main trilogy)

Necrohaemae/Mortuus Est Sanguinis(Tm)

Necrohaemae, also known as Mortuus Est Sanguinis, is Shard#7 and next to Fear and Love, the most dangerous of all of them. He survived death after losing his love, but woke up to find he was barely living and his flesh was decayed.

He wears a dark brown trench coat and trilby hat which are constantly being dirtied from the blood, pus and meat dandruff his seemingly undead body leaks now and then.
Guarding the passage to the Core in the BIOS Zone, he is actually the dark evil that slowly taken over this domain. Even if he dies, he will live on in the Core itself.
He spread the six other Shards across the upper levels to fully take over and proceed to the waking world before the old Core fully decays.

Necrohaemae uses as many weapons as he can; a Chaingun, Fusion pistols and a Boomstick. The only way forward is to kill him and then finish off the Core. Next to Love and the Core, he has the highest number of hit points of any boss.

Attack: Copies of your own weapons
Death Message: You’re so close! DO not let this be the final curtain call!

Core of the World (Final Boss of Path of KAP. Imagine the Nihilanth crossed with the Icon of Sin if the latter didn't suck. This would be even harder to do than Love, the Iblis clone) Despite the description below, it needs to look like it's warping out of shape ala Gyiyg in Mother 2 as -to quote that game- you cannot grasp the true form of the Core's appearance or at least it should look like it's seen behind lenses and smokey mirrors)

The dead centre of this ruined world and the overseer of all of its functions lays deep underground in a massive cavern under the BIOS Zone. It was tainted by Necrohaemae who split himself and the other Shards across all the upper levels. Now you must destroy the Core for the world to heal.

The Core itself manifests as a massive luminous sphere of biological matter and electronics. All the Nerves of the Dark Network converge here in its nexus and form many of the neurons.

It follows basic instincts and will try and protect itself when threatened. Such attacks include lightning arcs, spawning all monsters, teleporting you off to side rooms with copies of the Shards and flooding the Nexus with coolants laced with Dark Nerves.

To attack the Core, you must find a way to remove the main Dark Nerve clusters connected to the Epicentre. You may need to reach a higher level to do so but when they are released, destroy the connector nodes in the epicentre.

Doing this should crack open the outer shell and expose the biocircuitry inside. Throw everything and I mean everything into that hole to damage the inner Core. Once you attack it from one side, you have to open another Dark Nerve cluster and start again.

Once all main sections of the Core have been damaged, attack the Core from one last wound to destroy it.

Then you must return to the surface as fast as you can. I will try to open as many escape portals and lifts as possible but they may only take you so far.

The Antitime (Best to leave it out of Eternal 1.2 as well, especially because of the consequence for getting killed by it)

This is a cosmic horror of unknown certain origin. I’d theorise it is what remains of Calypso after the Oggia pocket dimension reached full entropy and collapsed upon itself.

It appears to be a human girl, but something is clearly wrong: the thing is devoid of any color except death black entropy and dead whiteness.

I may as well say this now; I first encountered it in a Special Needs school isolated high in the south mountains. Time and space seemed distorted somehow and an unnatural fog swept over the place.

I just happened to come across a poster taped to the kitchen door featuring images with this entity on it. I can’t repeat what it said and the image order seemed rather mixed up but for now we’ll just refer to it as 1955135.

I couldn’t place it well but other than the thought that I’d seen something similar before as a (3? 4? 5?) year old in an animation where someone named lisa narrated everything, I felt that there was something very sinister about it. Like the header text said, I couldn’t help but notice the horrible thing no matter where I stood in the hall and it was difficult to remove my gaze.

It seemed this thing was looking right at me no matter what angle I stood to it in many of the images, particularly the first and last one, the latter of which is an extreme close-up of its face whose primary feature was one of the main things getting to me; it’s empty, emotionless eyes.

They looked like they were trying to petrify my soul and I could sometimes feel gravity tugging at me somewhere near or behind the door it was taped to. It seemed that the thing inside was breaking from whatever abyss it was in and into our world.

I barely escaped that cold and lost hell. I don’t know if it made it out from there, but it seemed to be trying again in the copy of that place in this particular world. You may have noticed you take damage when standing near a poster on a locked door close to the entrance to the R’lyeh Skyline. This is because it is not fully contained and is groaning under its slab.

With the destruction of the Core, it will break out into this world. The antitime entombs its victims in singularities originating from its eyes. Despite being inside an event horizon, they are kept alive and suffering through-not even any of the-gods know what.

Black holes will open all over the world and destroy it further as you leave and the antitime itself will be pursuing you all the way out. If it catches you, then… I am hesitant to say this but not even I will be able to save you.
Nothing can kill it. It is manifested through entropy itself so even death will die. Don’t waste your remaining ammo, just run the fuck away and don’t hesitate. No other monsters will be left alive to hinder you and the only way to escape it is to leave the world. Escape will not be easy at all and the consequences grave for both of us.

Attack: Black holes

Death Message: None technically: whether killed by the black holes or the antitime itself, the game crashes and displays an error message reading “OH MY GOD! NOOOOOO!”. (Author's Note: Loading up again just puts you at the last pattern buffer just before the start of the gauntlet)

I’d take it a step further and see if it could also delete savegames prior to the battle with the Core, but that would be pushing it. (Author's Note: Or rather it would be too far.)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal X 1.2Forrest of B.org 1/22/18 10:12 p.m.
     Re: Eternal X 1.2Forrest of B.org 1/24/18 9:42 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X 1.2Forrest of B.org 1/25/18 10:34 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X 1.2Bob-B-Q 1/26/18 7:34 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X 1.2Martin 1/26/18 2:22 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal X 1.2PerseusSpartacus 1/26/18 2:26 p.m.
                       Re: Eternal X 1.2Forrest of B.org 1/26/18 10:48 p.m.
     Re: Eternal X 1.2Shining Raven 1/27/18 12:51 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X 1.2Forrest of B.org 1/27/18 7:34 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X 1.2Forrest of B.org 1/27/18 3:35 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal X 1.2Shining Raven 1/28/18 1:27 a.m.
                       Re: Eternal X 1.2Forrest of B.org 1/28/18 12:26 p.m.
                             Re: Eternal X 1.2Forrest of B.org 1/29/18 8:25 p.m.
                                   Re: Eternal X 1.2Shining Raven 1/29/18 9:05 p.m.
                                         Re: Eternal X 1.2Forrest of B.org 1/29/18 10:37 p.m.
     Re: Eternal X 1.2Lion O Cyborg 1/27/18 9:17 a.m.
           Re: Eternal X 1.2Forrest of B.org 1/27/18 3:34 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal X 1.2Lion O Cyborg 1/28/18 10:53 p.m.
                 Path of KAP monsters/ideas for Eternal 1.2Lion O Cyborg 1/29/18 9:28 a.m.
                       Re: Path of KAP monsters/ideas for Eternal 1.2VikingBoyBilly 1/29/18 4:16 p.m.
                             Re: Path of KAP monsters/ideas for Eternal 1.2treellama 1/30/18 3:47 a.m.
     Re: Eternal X 1.2Forrest of B.org 3/6/18 10:03 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X 1.2Bob-B-Q 3/7/18 12:24 p.m.
           Re: Eternal X 1.2Shining Raven 3/7/18 5:56 p.m.
                 Re: Eternal X 1.2Forrest of B.org 3/7/18 7:22 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.