/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Weland won't run on Mac
Posted By: Lion O CyborgDate: 1/23/18 11:07 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Weland won't run on Mac (Bob-B-Q)

: I don't know specifically what's causing Weland to not work on your Mac, but
: the first thing I'd check is whether it's compatible with whatever
: hardware and version of Mac OS you're running.

The OS I have on my Mac is High Sierra. It's the one my dad installed on it for me when he gave me the Mac for Christmas last year.

I think the error might be related to the app's menus but I don't know for sure.

The machine is a Mac Book Pro laptop with 1280x800 screen resolution. (looking at the current highlighted option under "scaled" in the preferences)

I also read up after reading your reply that sometimes weland can have bugs occur due to not working with the latest version of mono, which is what I downloaded, using the Mac OSX download button at the top here:

http://www.mono-project.com/download/#download-mac

Unfortunately, I lost the link to where I found that information. (whoops)

The version of mono I have is -according to the pkg file- "MonoFramework-MDK-5....ersal" or 5.4.1_7 according to the README in the installer.

I did find this instead however:

"If you have Mac OS X 10.5, you can use the latest version of the framework. If you only have 10.4 I think you will need to go back to version 2.6.4."

If it is an issue with my version of mono, I may need to uninstall mono 5.4.1_7 and install 2.6.4 instead. If Weland-1.4.3 is compatible with any later versions of the framework, I'll need to know which ones.

I can always practice map making and following tutorials using the Windows version in the meantime as I was intending to use both the Windows and OSX versions anyway.

The Mac version is because I have more free disk space on it to spare.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Weland won't run on MacLion O Cyborg 1/21/18 8:23 a.m.
     Re: Weland won't run on MacLion O Cyborg 1/21/18 8:35 a.m.
           Re: Weland won't run on MacLion O Cyborg 1/21/18 8:47 a.m.
                 Re: Weland won't run on Macirons 1/21/18 5:24 p.m.
                       Re: Weland won't run on MacLion O Cyborg 1/21/18 10:46 p.m.
                             Re: Weland won't run on Macirons 1/22/18 1:09 p.m.
                                   Re: Weland won't run on MacLion O Cyborg 1/23/18 12:40 a.m.
                                         Re: Weland won't run on Macirons 1/23/18 12:57 a.m.
                                               Re: Weland won't run on Mac *NM*Lion O Cyborg 1/23/18 1:11 a.m.
                                               Re: Weland won't run on MacLion O Cyborg 1/23/18 1:12 a.m.
                             Re: Weland won't run on MacBob-B-Q 1/23/18 7:25 a.m.
                                   Re: Weland won't run on MacLion O Cyborg 1/23/18 11:07 a.m.
                                         Re: Weland won't run on Macscratskinner 1/23/18 5:34 p.m.
                                               Re: Weland won't run on MacLion O Cyborg 1/23/18 10:41 p.m.
                                                     Re: Weland won't run on MacVikingBoyBilly 1/24/18 1:42 a.m.
                                                           Re: Weland won't run on MacLion O Cyborg 1/24/18 2:37 a.m.
                                                                 Ah *NM*VikingBoyBilly 1/24/18 12:33 p.m.
                                                     Re: Weland won't run on MacVikingBoyBilly 1/24/18 1:43 a.m.
                                                     Re: Weland won't run on Macscratskinner 1/24/18 9:15 p.m.
                                                           Re: Weland won't run on MacForrest of B.org 1/24/18 10:02 p.m.
           Re: Weland won't run on MacVikingBoyBilly 1/23/18 2:02 a.m.
                 Re: Weland won't run on MacLion O Cyborg 1/23/18 2:52 a.m.
                       Re: Weland won't run on MacLion O Cyborg 1/23/18 4:42 a.m.
                             Re: Weland won't run on Mactreellama 1/24/18 3:43 a.m.
                                   Re: Weland won't run on MacLion O Cyborg 1/24/18 3:46 a.m.
                                   Re: Weland won't run on MacLion O Cyborg 1/24/18 7:26 a.m.
                                         Hooray! *NM*VikingBoyBilly 1/24/18 12:34 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.