/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Eat the Path terminal speculation -- Part 3
Posted By: XaleManixDate: 6/12/16 6:29 a.m.

In Response To: Eat the Path terminal translation (Lion O Cyborg)

In hindsight, maybe I should have made this part of part 2.

As is my little pattern, I present the full terminal text:

There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.

Cross over the cell bars, find a new maze, make the maze from it's path, find the cell bars, cross over the bars, find a maze, make the maze from its path, eat the food, eat the path.

... I don't really need to break this down, do I? Oh well, I'm going to do it anyway.

There is only one path and that is the path that you take, but you can take more than one path.

There is only one path: Your actions and their consequences. Your choices and the results. It can be bent and twisted by the choices you make, but at the end of the day, there is only one path, all of its forks and alternate directions disappearing behind you as you race forward, every moment pushing back your demise, every motion bringing you one instant closer to your death... but you, you can take more than one path. Make more than one set of choices. You can escape. And of course, as Durandal told us long ago in orbit of Tau Ceti:

Escape makes you god.

Cross over the cell bars, find a new maze, make the maze from it's path, find the cell bars, cross over the bars, find a maze, make the maze from its path, eat the food, eat the path.

Ah, here we are at the end. These are your orders: Cross over the bounries between timelines, and find yourself at the start of a new 'maze' -- a new set of choices. Follow it to the end.

"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better." -Samuel Beckett

Eat the food, the solution to the problem.
Eat the path, and make it stretch for miles and miles behind you.

And here we are at the very end of my speculation... or is it just the beginning?

find yourself
starting back

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eat the Path terminal translationLion O Cyborg 6/5/16 5:40 a.m.
     Eat The Path terminal speculation -- Part 1XaleManix 6/8/16 7:36 p.m.
           Well, this is odd...XaleManix 6/8/16 7:40 p.m.
                 Re: Well, this is odd...VikingBoyBilly 6/9/16 1:52 a.m.
                       Re: Well, this is odd...XaleManix 6/9/16 5:06 a.m.
           Re: Eat The Path terminal speculation -- Part 1Lion O Cyborg 6/9/16 9:23 a.m.
           Re: Eat The Path terminal speculation -- Part 1Martin 6/9/16 11:28 a.m.
                 Re: Eat The Path terminal speculation -- Part 1Lion O Cyborg 6/10/16 12:22 a.m.
     Eat the Path terminal speculation -- Part 2XaleManix 6/10/16 6:05 a.m.
     Eat the Path terminal speculation -- Part 3XaleManix 6/12/16 6:29 a.m.
           Re: Eat the Path terminal speculation -- Part 3Durandal_1707 6/13/16 12:48 a.m.
                 Re: Eat the Path terminal speculation -- Part 3XaleManix 6/13/16 3:37 a.m.
           Re: Eat the Path terminal speculation -- Part 3Lion O Cyborg 6/15/16 6:51 a.m.
                 Re: Eat the Path terminal speculation -- Part 3XaleManix 6/15/16 6:25 p.m.
                       Re: Eat the Path terminal speculation -- Part 3Lion O Cyborg 6/16/16 12:51 a.m.
                             Re: Eat the Path terminal speculation -- Part 3XaleManix 6/16/16 3:34 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.