/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Something odd that occurred to me:
Posted By: XaleManixDate: 6/1/16 9:54 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Something odd that occurred to me: (General-RADIX)

: By M2, Durandal's more emotionally-honest with the Security Officer,
: admitting to all sorts of vulnerabilities (heavily-implied guilt over the
: loss of Tau Ceti, fear of Strauss, flat-out telling you that Battle Group
: Seven is kicking his ass) that he would never have let slip in M1. So I
: assume that he trusts the SO. (Of course, he still says things like the
: above, because he's still a jackass)

Durandal's flirtations with binary conditions are interesting. I get the impression in M2 that he's not even sure himself what is truth and lie, what is kindness and whimsy... It's what sucked me into the Marathon universe, come to think of it.

: Assuming Strauss was part of MIDA, the SO would've gotten one of those Battle
: Royale explodey-collars clamped around his neck. If there's anyone besides
: Durandal and Tycho who would understand the full capabilities of a
: battleroid, it'd probably be Strauss--and he'd want some sort of defense
: against someone who could splatter him with a single punch.

I suppose my assumptions start with Strauss not being an active member of MIDA, though perhaps being sympathetic to their cause. In fact, arguments against that possibility to follow.

: I'd question how he got this knowledge to begin with, since I don't think the
: UESC was aware that there were battleroids on board the Marathon .

The UESC's President didn't know, but how much power does said president have? Is he a figurehead or a dictator? We have no clue. We do, however, know that by this point, MIDA has become a guerilla organisation, fighting the Earthnoids from an underground, asymmetrical standpoint.

An organization like that probably wouldn't have access to the kind of hardware that Battleroids are described as, would they? If I recall, they took power from the UESC in a short-lived coup... Would they had the access required to put ten extremely dangerous, autonomous war machines aboard the Marathon?

If so, why didn't they use them against the UESC during the coup? Given how much hell the SO unleashes by himself, I cannot imagine Total Carnage that the SO and nine of his kin could unleash.

Though, I suppose if I got some friends together, I could get a basic idea of the carnage the SO and Seven of his buddies are able to achieve.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Something odd that occurred to me:XaleManix 6/1/16 6:52 p.m.
     Re: Something odd that occurred to me:General-RADIX 6/1/16 8:19 p.m.
           Re: Something odd that occurred to me:XaleManix 6/1/16 8:53 p.m.
                 Re: Something odd that occurred to me:General-RADIX 6/1/16 9:30 p.m.
                       Re: Something odd that occurred to me:XaleManix 6/1/16 9:54 p.m.
                             Re: Something odd that occurred to me:Durandal_1707 6/2/16 1:09 a.m.
                                   Re: Something odd that occurred to me:XaleManix 6/2/16 4:01 a.m.
                             Re: Something odd that occurred to me:General-RADIX 6/2/16 8:05 a.m.
     Re: Something odd that occurred to me:VikingBoyBilly 6/2/16 8:21 a.m.
           Re: Something odd that occurred to me:Bob-B-Q 6/2/16 11:42 a.m.
                 Re: Something odd that occurred to me:XaleManix 6/2/16 11:59 a.m.
                       Re: Something odd that occurred to me:VikingBoyBilly 6/2/16 2:23 p.m.
                             Re: Something odd that occurred to me:XaleManix 6/2/16 2:30 p.m.
                                   Re: Something odd that occurred to me:Hopper 6/3/16 8:47 a.m.
                                         Wouldn't you have to go and find the wheelbarrow? *NM*XaleManix 6/3/16 10:52 a.m.
                                         Re: Something odd that occurred to me:Durandal_1707 6/4/16 10:21 a.m.
           Re: Something odd that occurred to me:Johnnie A. Padgett 6/6/16 9:07 a.m.
                 Re: Something odd that occurred to me:Bob-B-Q 6/7/16 6:35 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.