|Re: Durandal was Strauss's weapon|
|Posted By: Durandal_1707||Date: 3/16/16 1:46 a.m.|
In Response To: Re: Durandal was Strauss's weapon (VikingBoyBilly)
: Sociopaths don't think far ahead? What kind of personalities do you think
Durandal: I'm gonna go with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
Symptoms of this disorder, as defined by the DSM-IV-TR, include:
* Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements). -- Yup
* Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love. -- Unlimited power for sure.
* Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions). -- Yup
* Requires excessive admiration. -- He does like to make sure you know how great he is a lot.
* Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations. -- Durandal does generally expect compliance.
* Is inter-personally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends. -- Oh boy. Yup.
* Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others. -- Definitely.
* Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her. -- The final stage of Rampancy is even called Jealousy.
* Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes. -- Noooo! Durandal *never* does this. :-P
Other symptoms in addition to the ones defined by DSM-IV-TR include:
Is inter-personally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends -- Yup
has trouble keeping healthy relationships with others -- Leela, Tycho, and Strauss would attest to this.
easily hurt or rejected -- Hmm. This is the first one that doesn't seem to apply.
appears unemotional -- Durandal's pretty unflappable.
and exaggerating special achievements and talents -- Yeah, Durandal does this.
setting unrealistic goals for himself/herself. -- Escaping the universe and becoming God? Yeah, that qualifies.
As for Tycho, I stand by my earlier assertion that, in addition to Durandal's narcissism, he's stuck in permanent adolescence. Tycho's personality is basically "rebellious teen."
|Durandal was Strauss's weapon||General-RADIX||3/15/16 1:20 p.m.|
|Re: Durandal was Strauss's weapon||Hokuto||3/15/16 2:05 p.m.|
|Re: Durandal was Strauss's weapon||VikingBoyBilly||3/15/16 3:44 p.m.|
|Re: Durandal was Strauss's weapon||General-RADIX||3/15/16 4:13 p.m.|
|Re: Durandal was Strauss's weapon||Durandal_1707||3/16/16 1:46 a.m.|
|Re: Durandal was Strauss's weapon||Bob-B-Q||3/16/16 8:53 a.m.|
|Re: Durandal was Strauss's weapon||Lion O Cyborg||3/18/16 8:02 a.m.|
|Re: Durandal was Strauss's weapon||General-RADIX||3/18/16 2:34 p.m.|
|Re: Durandal was Strauss's weapon||Forrest of B.org||3/19/16 8:38 a.m.|
|Re: Durandal was Strauss's weapon||General-RADIX||3/19/16 9:45 a.m.|
|Re: Durandal was Strauss's weapon||Can-ned Food||3/29/16 6:24 p.m.|
|Re: Durandal was Strauss's weapon||General-RADIX||3/29/16 7:36 p.m.|
|I really should play Eternal again *NM*||VikingBoyBilly||3/18/16 4:01 p.m.|
Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.