/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tycho = Doubt explained?
Posted By: General-RADIXDate: 1/20/16 4:57 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Tycho = Doubt explained? (scratskinner)

: I guess what I was asking was if m2 would play out differently if the two had
: swapped places. I think, with the Tycho-nabs-the-scoutship scenario, I was
: asking how much having access to better hardware (and maybe S'pht opinion)
: contributed to stability, and how much would have happened anyway. The
: other was wondering whether we'd recognize any better impulses in what
: came off the pfhor homeworld.

Ah. :/ Hrm...

Well, if he had the means and know-how to break into the Pfhor ship's networks sooner than Durandal could (or would, if Durandal simply wasn't done messing around yet), Tycho's Anger stage might not last as long. Assuming that the duration of that stage is dependent on how much space an AI has. 'bout all I got at the moment.

: Wonder how Durandal would take to being remade in Tycho's image, what with
: his history of being fiddled with by Bernard? or Leela's? or Leela in
: Tycho's? vice versa?

To be honest, if Durandal had his very identity tampered with, he might freak the hell out. That was probably one of the few things Strauss couldn't do much about.

: Wasn't Bernard the Science Director or something? (think it's in the header
: for Bernard's diary entry on the "I AM TYCHO. I will destroy
: Durandal." term.) How does he factor into alt-Tycho's scientific
: initiative?

Given that he seemed oddly jealous over Strauss and the amount of attention he paid to Durandal ("the bright son of Bernhard is dying")--Bizarro World Tycho here would know that he accomplished what Strauss was trying to do with Durandal (meta-stability) and mercilessly rub it in his face.

On scientific initiative, perhaps that's how he'd frame his desire to go to Lh'owon, escape the universe, etc. Though, I imagine that his motivations would run deeper than FOR SCIENCE!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tycho = Doubt explained?General-RADIX 1/19/16 12:59 a.m.
     Re: Tycho = Doubt explained?Forrest of B.org 1/19/16 8:16 a.m.
           Re: Tycho = Doubt explained?Martin 1/19/16 10:44 a.m.
                 Re: Tycho = Doubt explained?Durandal_1707 1/19/16 1:30 p.m.
                       Re: Tycho = Doubt explained?General-RADIX 1/19/16 4:38 p.m.
                             Re: Tycho = Doubt explained?Durandal_1707 1/20/16 1:28 a.m.
                                   Re: Tycho = Doubt explained?VikingBoyBilly 1/20/16 9:30 a.m.
                                         Re: Tycho = Doubt explained?scratskinner 1/20/16 10:22 a.m.
                                               Re: Tycho = Doubt explained?General-RADIX 1/20/16 12:29 p.m.
                                                     The pfhor and AIVikingBoyBilly 1/20/16 3:31 p.m.
                                                           Re: The pfhor and AIForrest of B.org 1/20/16 3:46 p.m.
                                                           Re: The pfhor and AIGeneral-RADIX 1/20/16 3:55 p.m.
                                                           Re: The pfhor and AIDurandal_1707 1/20/16 8:57 p.m.
                                                     Re: Tycho = Doubt explained?scratskinner 1/20/16 4:23 p.m.
                                                           Re: Tycho = Doubt explained?General-RADIX 1/20/16 4:57 p.m.
                                                                 EnvyVikingBoyBilly 1/20/16 5:38 p.m.
                                                                       Re: EnvyGeneral-RADIX 1/20/16 5:57 p.m.
                                                                       Re: EnvyDurandal_1707 1/20/16 9:14 p.m.
                                                           Re: Tycho = Doubt explained?Durandal_1707 1/20/16 9:11 p.m.
                                                     Re: Tycho = Doubt explained?Durandal_1707 1/20/16 8:55 p.m.
                                         Re: Tycho = Doubt explained?Durandal_1707 1/20/16 8:54 p.m.
                       Re: Tycho = Doubt explained?Lion O Cyborg 1/20/16 5:59 a.m.
                             Tycho's Pubescent InsanityPerseusSpartacus 1/20/16 11:21 a.m.
                                   Re: Tycho's Pubescent InsanityMartin 1/20/16 11:51 a.m.
                                   Re: Tycho's Pubescent InsanityLion O Cyborg 1/20/16 12:15 p.m.
                                         Re: Tycho's Pubescent InsanityDurandal_1707 1/20/16 9:03 p.m.
                                         Re: Tycho's Pubescent InsanityPerseusSpartacus 1/21/16 10:20 a.m.
                                               Re: Tycho's Pubescent InsanityLion O Cyborg 1/21/16 12:00 p.m.
                                                     Thou Art Welcome. ;) *NM*PerseusSpartacus 1/21/16 12:58 p.m.
                                   Re: Tycho's Pubescent InsanityGeneral-RADIX 1/20/16 12:31 p.m.
                                         Re: Tycho's Pubescent InsanityVikingBoyBilly 1/20/16 3:12 p.m.
                                               Re: Tycho's Pubescent InsanityDurandal_1707 1/20/16 9:09 p.m.
           Re: Tycho = Doubt explained?General-RADIX 1/19/16 12:09 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.