/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summaries
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 1/7/16 10:54 p.m.

In Response To: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summaries (General-RADIX)

This is an awesome read, thanks!

For everyone else's convenience, here are those links HTMLified:

Ch1
Ch2
Ch3
Ch4
Ch5

Realtime notes reading through:

Ch1: I don't remember if I did this intentionally, but juxtaposing the transporter accident that sent you to the sewers and the transporter "accident" that sent you to the Pfhor ship makes the latter seem a lot more accidental. Maybe that sewer level actually had a plot purpose at one point (making the next level seem less suspicious) and I just forgot it myself.

Ch2: The Pfhor ship is not during the Lh'owon campaign, but near the end of the Pfhor War, some 50 years after the Lh'owon campaign, at a Pfhor military outpost near(ish) Earth. Hathor doesn't get chased off a ship; Leela has you capture a ship for her and Blake and co, and then go smash the part of the Pfhor network on the colony that Hathor is trapped in, using a safer version of the same trick Tycho used to sneak a peak at her mind in the process. And what's the "Blue Leela" thing? Never heard of that.

Ch3: You mention S'bhuth's Older at one point. I'm not sure what you mean there, as S'bhuth IS the Older of S'pht'Kr.

Ch4: You notice the implication of the pattern buffers in Ch4! Foreshadowing. :-)

But it doesn't sound like you caught the trickery going on with the "Leela" terminals telling Marcus to use the waste disposal transporter that actually just beamed him into space, which Leela subsequently says was a dumb idea and where he got it from. I guess if you skipped the Failure branch the real payoff of that setup got skipped, but I still kind of expected a "huh, but you told me to do it, Leela... didn't you?" in there.

There's no actual self-destruct action on the map, so you can set the self-destruct and smash the Cybernetic Junction both in any order with no worries. And yeah, those circuits you have to smash are the ship's Cybernetic Junction, and in smashing them, you force Hathor to flee, though Marcus would only know this if he went through the Failure timeline of this chapter, where Hathor takes control of the ship and effectively becomes a W'rkncacnter herself with its might in the grip of her madness, traveling back to the future to finally wreak her vengeance on mankind.

Ch5: Kinda disappointed that Marcus didn't make note of the seas and continents in the sky.

Also, though you couldn't know this: the gravitronic blades function by creating a controlled fold in spacetime in the shape of a rod extending from the hilt, which is basically a tiny antenna-shaped event horizon that consumes anything it passes across, and only glows because of Hawking radiation.

The floodwaters don't force open the doors on Deep Into The Grotto; opening the doors lets the floodwaters in, from the flooded room on the other side of the door.

Again, thanks for writing these, they were lots of fun to read!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesGeneral-RADIX 1/7/16 1:47 p.m.
     Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesForrest of B.org 1/7/16 10:54 p.m.
           Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesGeneral-RADIX 1/8/16 5:49 a.m.
                 Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesForrest of B.org 1/12/16 9:36 a.m.
                       Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesGeneral-RADIX 1/12/16 1:17 p.m.
     Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesLion O Cyborg 1/8/16 5:17 a.m.
           Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesGeneral-RADIX 1/8/16 5:59 a.m.
                 Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesLion O Cyborg 1/9/16 5:33 a.m.
     Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesVikingBoyBilly 1/12/16 1:52 p.m.
           Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesGeneral-RADIX 1/12/16 3:27 p.m.
                 Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesForrest of B.org 1/12/16 6:01 p.m.
                       Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesGeneral-RADIX 1/12/16 6:37 p.m.
                       Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesDurandal_1707 1/12/16 8:56 p.m.
                       Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesVikingBoyBilly 1/13/16 2:49 a.m.
                             Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesForrest of B.org 1/13/16 8:19 a.m.
                                   Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesVikingBoyBilly 1/13/16 9:38 a.m.
                                         Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesVikingBoyBilly 1/13/16 9:40 a.m.
                                         Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesForrest of B.org 1/13/16 1:17 p.m.
                                         Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesLion O Cyborg 1/17/16 6:04 a.m.
                 Re: Melodramatic Eternal chapter summariesPerseusSpartacus 1/13/16 7:15 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.