/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Marathon Forever, a JP scenario
Posted By: General-RADIXDate: 10/29/15 2:15 p.m.

https://mjolnir.logue.be/mf/

'twas directed towards this mod by Logue; it's one of the two most popular Japanese Marathon mods, the other being Leopard's Eye (which I couldn't find a working link to, unfortunately). Wanted to hold off talking about this until I had more information, but I don't know when that'll be.

It was made in 1999 for Infinity and comes in a .SIT file. Apparently there's ways to get un-ported scenarios to run under AlephOne, but since AO won't work on my old eMac, I can't test this myself.

Now, I dunno if it's an issue with DTB, my eMac, both, or something else, but when I tried looking at the terminals with the former, the text was all garbaged-up, making grabbing and passing-along to someone knowledgeable in Japanese very difficult. I can, however, tell that there are at least three original AIs: "Ghekythiy" (henceforth "Geki", my given simplification), Izanagi, and a Jjaro AI whose name I have yet to determine. The lattermost seems to merge with Geki (who's your mission control) at some point; I dunno what Izanagi's role is, but if the Mara-verse's track record with red AIs is any indication, he may be an antagonist.

If anyone here can run this, let us know what it's like, and maybe grab the terminals for future translation (if the text displays correctly).

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon Forever, a JP scenarioGeneral-RADIX 10/29/15 2:15 p.m.
     Re: Marathon Forever, a JP scenarioBob-B-Q 10/30/15 9:06 a.m.
           Re: Marathon Forever, a JP scenarioGeneral-RADIX 10/30/15 10:19 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon Forever, a JP scenarioGeneral-RADIX 10/30/15 2:39 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon Forever, a JP scenarioBob-B-Q 10/31/15 8:55 a.m.
                             Re: Marathon Forever, a JP scenarioGeneral-RADIX 10/31/15 9:02 a.m.
     Re: Marathon Forever, a JP scenarioHopper 11/1/15 8:07 a.m.
           Re: Marathon Forever, a JP scenarioGeneral-RADIX 11/1/15 10:52 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.