|Eternal Beta Complete|
|Posted By: Lion O Cyborg||Date: 10/25/15 8:55 a.m.|
I've finished Eternal Beta. The points to Chapter 5's success levels are:
1. Similar difficulty to the failure ones in This Message will Self Destruct, but not quite as drastic.
2. The paths in We Met once in the Garden are mostly now dead ends with one such path to the exit blocked by a window that enemies can hit you through.
3. The fact you can only rely upon your BFG weapons, the Gravatonic Blades and the Wave Motion Cannon. It's not a bad thing, but that means all my other ammo is useless.
4. Sometimes, the Portable halo (Wave Motion Cannon) doesn't kill banshees after a direct hit, usually when they attack or if the centre of the blast misses them, but not the whole thing.
5. It isn't necessary, but a reasonable time limit in the final level would make it more of a tense escape, providing it pauses when in terminals so you can read *Spark* and Leela's message before jumping out the Dyson to space.
It may be hard to make a good time limit though; one that is challenging but not ridiculously hard to complete.
The effect could be a 1 hit kill Jug explosion that deals fire damage and the geometry textures and inner skybox switching to a nebula, to give the illusion that the world was destroyed.
If changes are made, I hope the points I raised in these posts are mentioned. (An option to switch between the new W'rk monsters and the PID monsters with some more added than just the three, like oozes and Blue meanies. And please keep TRFL's Jell-O hell glitch as an Easter egg to Third Rock from the Sun)
All in all, I love this mod even more than the old build. there may be some differences to it, but it's like the Early Access Black Mesa compared to the shareware mod. Both are excellent and the differences aren't bad.
I'd take my hat off, but I'm not wearing one. I don't know where our party hats are kept either.
Marathon on the latest Aleph one with all the HD plugin options plus M1A1 is a big delicious giant iced cookie the size of a small manhole cover.
And Marathon Eternal's new build is a large Portal cake with honey chocolate on top and peanut butter and toffee in the centre.
Arigato to Forrest and everyone else who made it.
|Eternal Beta Complete||Lion O Cyborg||10/25/15 8:55 a.m.|
|Re: Eternal Beta Complete||Forrest of B.org||10/26/15 9:35 p.m.|
Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.