/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Happy Founding Day!
Posted By: MattDate: 6/20/15 12:57 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Happy Founding Day! (Jabberwok)

: Interesting. I can't remember if Marty was an official part of the team for
: Myth

He and Mike Salvatori were independent contractors then, not full-time employees.

: I wonder if anyone that worked on the first Halo,
: besides Jason, is still there.

Sure. Lorraine, Dave Dunn, David Candland, probably a few others I'm forgetting.

: Weird. Reginald came along and made some awesome art for Marathon, others
: take over for the sequel and turn it all into something different. When I
: was younger I didn't notice the change that much, but after recently
: replaying M!, it's a pretty drastic shift in style. My prior loyalty to
: the company name seems kind of silly in retrospect.

I'm sure Reg would agree with you about loyalty to the company. That's why he pissed all over it. Robt and Mark came in to clean up the mess, and while you could certainly describe things as different from that point, you could also describe them as better — because Mark and Rob had the talent, work ethic and personality that were solid enough to build a bigger, more ambitious and more capable development team.

Also I believe it was Robt who vetoed DA's request that the second trigger on the SMG turn the player's hand 90 degrees so you could shoot "gangsta-style." For that alone he deserves our thanks and praise.

–Matt

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Happy Founding Day!poena.dare 6/14/15 7:34 a.m.
     Re: Happy Founding Day!Jabberwok 6/15/15 4:52 a.m.
           Re: Happy Founding Day!Lion O Cyborg 6/15/15 11:12 a.m.
                 Re: Happy Founding Day!Bob-B-Q 6/15/15 3:14 p.m.
                       Re: Happy Founding Day!Martin 6/15/15 3:25 p.m.
                             Wikipedia says GNOP counts so *NM*VikingBoyBilly 6/15/15 5:43 p.m.
                             Re: Happy Founding Day!Lion O Cyborg 6/16/15 6:42 a.m.
                                   Re: Happy Founding Day!Martin 6/16/15 3:57 p.m.
                                         Re: Happy Founding Day!Lion O Cyborg 6/17/15 2:35 a.m.
                 Re: Happy Founding Day!Forrest of B.org 6/15/15 8:13 p.m.
                       Re: Happy Founding Day!Forrest of B.org 6/15/15 8:21 p.m.
                             Re: Happy Founding Day!Martin 6/15/15 9:17 p.m.
                             Re: Happy Founding Day!Lion O Cyborg 6/16/15 4:17 a.m.
                             Re: Happy Founding Day!Jabberwok 6/19/15 8:16 p.m.
                                   Re: Happy Founding Day!Forrest of B.org 6/19/15 9:12 p.m.
                                         Re: Happy Founding Day!Jabberwok 6/20/15 1:53 a.m.
                                         Marty's New Gigpoena.dare 6/20/15 4:24 a.m.
                                         Re: Happy Founding Day!Matt 6/20/15 12:58 p.m.
                                   Re: Happy Founding Day!Matt 6/20/15 12:57 p.m.
                                         Re: Happy Founding Day!Jabberwok 6/25/15 12:48 a.m.
                                               Re: Happy Founding Day!Jabberwok 6/25/15 2:57 a.m.
                                                     Re: Happy Founding Day!Matt 6/25/15 8:52 a.m.
                                                           Re: Happy Founding Day!Bob-B-Q 6/25/15 8:58 p.m.
                                         Re: Happy Founding Day!Bob-B-Q 6/25/15 7:49 a.m.
                                               Re: Happy Founding Day!Matt 6/25/15 9:04 a.m.
                                                     Re: Happy Founding Day!Bob-B-Q 6/25/15 9:03 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.