/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The Maw
Posted By: Lion O CyborgDate: 6/13/15 6:20 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The Maw (VikingBoyBilly)

: I replayed Truth and Reconciliation on Legendary (and succeeded!) and I
: should mention my whole rant was flawed, because Cortana accessing the
: Covenant network to get the info about the ring is exactly what happened,
: and Keyes just commented "oh, yeah, I heard the guard talking about
: it." Terminals (or subtitles) would have made it easier for me to not
: miss these plot developments.

I spy a plot hole between H1 and the rest of the canon I never realised until now: the covenant believe that the Halo rings will make them gods like they thought happened to the forerunners before them. they knew they killed the flood but not how yet Cortana find evidence that they do believe it's a weapon. We only find out their real beliefs about the Array in Halo 2.

Maybe only some of them had an idea about it or they thought it killed the flood, (unholy monsters) and made everything else (priests, new additions to the faith, maybe even blasphemers too) divine. Until 343 Guilty Spark told an Elite on the gas mining platform in the nearby gas giant's atmosphere the truth about the rings and that the San Shyumm have manipulated the Elites from the beginning of the Covenant. (as seen in the Halo 2 terminals and the Hats off to 819 style secret terminal in Halo CE Anniversary)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawVikingBoyBilly 6/10/15 4:04 p.m.
     Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawLion O Cyborg 6/11/15 4:47 a.m.
           Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawVikingBoyBilly 6/11/15 7:54 a.m.
                 Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawLion O Cyborg 6/11/15 8:57 a.m.
                 Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawMartin 6/12/15 4:18 a.m.
                       Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawLion O Cyborg 6/12/15 6:08 a.m.
                             Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawLion O Cyborg 6/12/15 6:10 a.m.
                                   Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawPerseusSpartacus 6/12/15 8:23 a.m.
                                         Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawLion O Cyborg 6/12/15 11:47 a.m.
                       Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawVikingBoyBilly 6/13/15 5:49 a.m.
                             Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawMartin 6/13/15 3:24 p.m.
                                   Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawMartin 6/13/15 8:37 p.m.
                                   Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawVikingBoyBilly 6/14/15 1:56 p.m.
                                         Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawMartin 6/14/15 5:09 p.m.
                                               Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawLion O Cyborg 6/15/15 8:28 a.m.
                                                     Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawLion O Cyborg 6/15/15 8:49 a.m.
                                                           Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawMartin 6/15/15 1:31 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawLion O Cyborg 6/16/15 4:27 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawMartin 6/16/15 10:14 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawLion O Cyborg 6/16/15 12:47 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawLion O Cyborg 6/16/15 12:49 p.m.
     Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The Maw *LINK*HelviusRufus 6/11/15 1:38 p.m.
     Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawVikingBoyBilly 6/13/15 5:54 a.m.
           Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawLion O Cyborg 6/13/15 6:20 a.m.
                 Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawLion O Cyborg 6/13/15 6:23 a.m.
                       Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawMartin 6/13/15 3:32 p.m.
     Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawMartin 6/21/15 7:08 p.m.
           Re: Let's Play Halo pt 7 — Keyes and The MawMartin 7/9/15 1:36 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.