/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Eternal X 1.1 digression
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 1/9/15 8:58 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Return to Marathon (Adam Ashwell)

: I found a plugin script on Simplici7y
: (http://simplici7y.com/items/aleph-one-previous-ai) that puts the monster
: limit back to what it used to be, and what Eternal was designed to use. If
: you ever update Eternal X, and you haven't already taken care of this in
: some way, you should probably include that script and have it active by
: default.

Yep, that's included in the build of Eternal on my HD right now, which I hope to release in the spring along with the next version of Aleph One as the final version of EX 1.1 (which also includes, compared to the latest "stable" 1.0.3, a reorganized chapter 3 with a level replaced, a floating HUD, some new music tracks, implementation of #STATIC in terminals for some cool effects, wholly remastered terminal picts, and a variety of other tweaks and improvements such as President People's tweaked shapes, and possibly including completely remastered textures that I'm about 20% done with now... and even more tentatively including the frackin' HD weapons which have been perpetually "almost done, just need to render out the frames" for most of a decade now).

I would release it right now (and you can actually get most of that already in the latest beta of it from a year and change ago on the Eternal site), except there's an even worse bug in the latest version of Aleph One since July that causes hard crashes when viewing #STATIC in terminals and thus makes it impossible to even leave the prologue. The bug's been fixed already (thanks Hopper!) and will be included in the next release of AO this spring, so I hope to call EX 1.1 "final" by then.

I wonder, and let my know your opinion anyone: is "1.1" a good version number for something with all those changes? It was initially just the reorganized chapter 3, but while waiting for at least one person to confirm that the first beta worked for them, more stuff got done, and that's continued down the years and it's accumulated all these things, and I'm thinking of just scratching the public beta system entirely since nobody ever replies, doing my own internal testing, and calling this latest version "1.5" or something, to reflect all the growth that's happened over the course of the "1.1 beta" period. What do you all think?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Return to MarathonAdam Ashwell 1/4/15 6:20 a.m.
     Re: Return to MarathonVikingBoyBilly 1/4/15 10:16 a.m.
     Re: Return to MarathonForrest of B.org 1/5/15 9:19 a.m.
           Re: Return to MarathonAdam Ashwell 1/8/15 9:47 a.m.
                 Eternal X 1.1 digressionForrest of B.org 1/9/15 8:58 a.m.
                       Re: Eternal X 1.1 digressionTycho 1/9/15 5:07 p.m.
     Re: Return to MarathonSpartan 1/5/15 1:31 p.m.
     Re: Return to Marathon *LINK*President People 1/5/15 7:54 p.m.
           Re: Return to MarathonAdam Ashwell 1/8/15 10:12 a.m.
                 Re: Return to Marathon *LINK*President People 1/10/15 10:19 p.m.
                       Re: Return to MarathonAdam Ashwell 1/11/15 8:47 a.m.
     Re: Return to MarathonVikingBoyBilly 2/2/15 11:27 a.m.
           Re: Return to MarathonDr. John Sumner 2/4/15 7:17 a.m.
                 Re: Return to MarathonVikingBoyBilly 2/4/15 8:33 a.m.
                       Re: Return to MarathonPhiltron 2/4/15 9:00 a.m.
                             Re: Return to MarathonVikingBoyBilly 2/4/15 10:34 a.m.
                                   Re: Return to MarathonPhiltron 2/4/15 12:41 p.m.
                                         Re: Return to MarathonVikingBoyBilly 2/4/15 1:36 p.m.
                                               Re: Return to MarathonVikingBoyBilly 2/5/15 5:26 a.m.
                                                     Re: Return to MarathonPresident People 2/5/15 1:40 p.m.
                                                           Re: Return to MarathonPresident People 2/5/15 1:42 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Return to MarathonVikingBoyBilly 2/5/15 4:10 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Return to Marathontreellama 2/6/15 3:25 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Return to MarathonVikingBoyBilly 2/6/15 9:23 a.m.
                                   Re: Return to MarathonPhiltron 2/4/15 1:02 p.m.
                                         Re: Return to MarathonTonix777 2/8/15 9:10 a.m.
                 Re: Return to MarathonTonix777 2/8/15 9:27 a.m.
                       Re: Return to MarathonDr. John Sumner 2/8/15 1:58 p.m.
                             Re: Return to MarathonTonix777 2/8/15 7:07 p.m.
                             Re: Return to MarathonDugit 6/14/18 11:35 p.m.
                                   Re: Return to MarathonDr. John Sumner 6/15/18 2:54 a.m.
                                         Re: Return to MarathonForrest of B.org 6/15/18 7:51 a.m.
                                               Re: Return to MarathonDr. John Sumner 6/15/18 8:31 a.m.
                                         Re: Return to MarathonGodot 6/15/18 12:21 p.m.
                                               Re: Return to MarathonDr. John Sumner 6/15/18 3:03 p.m.
                                   Re: Return to MarathonGeneral-RADIX 6/16/18 2:31 a.m.
                                         Re: Return to MarathonDr. John Sumner 6/16/18 4:59 a.m.
     Re: Return to MarathonTonix777 2/8/15 9:24 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.