/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty: You think you're big time? etc.
Posted By: MartinDate: 12/19/14 5:24 p.m.

In Response To: Tour of Duty: You think you're big time? etc. (VikingBoyBilly)

Grand writeup. Unique mechanics for the series as far as secrets go, and boy are those hunters tricky on the higher diffs! I had a memory of there being a moah down in the secret area, but I think that might have been from another level or another scenario, maybe even Tempus Irae, which is where we are headed after this. I might bother covering the vidmaster levels just for the differences and the wacky terminals.

PS has told me his secret for getting full maps in game, a script! He has done a wonderful post header and is working on maps and theme screenshots, which are great for TI, and I'll do writeups and take offerings for levels just as for Infinity :).

As for this level storywise, as you say, we finally find out pretty important plot points, about the W'rkncacnter and what we've actually been trying to do since NCM. We don't quite yet realise that we're heading to that same station we're already well familiar with, but we know we're close to the end. Interesting interpretations here, and very interesting discussions on punctuation - the keypad requirement for special characters in Windows is a right pain on a laptop! Also really like Thorandal :). I'll send the terms (all 37 pages of the hex one even!) in the next few days. Cheers.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty: You think you're big time? etc.VikingBoyBilly 12/19/14 10:11 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: You think you're big time? etc.Roland 12/19/14 12:52 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: You think you're big time? etc.Martin 12/19/14 5:24 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty: You think you're big time? etc.VikingBoyBilly 12/20/14 1:58 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty: You think you're big time? etc.Martin 12/20/14 6:57 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: You think you're big time? etc.Hokuto 12/20/14 11:25 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.