/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Distribution of modified maps for coop starts?
Posted By: Durandal_1707Date: 8/17/14 12:11 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Distribution of modified maps for coop starts? (Hopper)

: : Did they ever get rid of the M1A1 changes

: The version that came with Aleph One 1.0 got rid of all that, yes. Hamish and
: Bruce Morrison went over each level with a fine-tooth comb to strip out
: all the additions, fix monster and weapon placements, adjust monster
: settings to make the battles play out more faithfully, etc.

: To make the single-player more authentic, they also removed the other player
: starts, so you'll spawn on top of each other at the beginning of each
: level. It looks like most of the network-only ammo and weapons were left
: in, though.

Huh, I just downloaded 1.0.2 and tried it, and the Deprivation Chamber grenade hop works! I'd thought that was impossible with the M2 engine, which I always though M1A1 was using. Huh.

Do you know if the Rescue missions work? I'd test it to find out, but I think I'd have to play through all the way to The Rose to do so, as I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to kill the aliens fast enough to keep the Bobs alive with just the starting pistol.

I am noticing some interesting differences with the textures, which is odd. It seems that the M1A1 map has fog everywhere, at least in Arrival; it took me a while to figure out why there was a weird purplish haze over everything until I dug into the settings and turned that off. What I'm finding *really* odd is that the textures seem to be higher-definition in 1.0.2 than in the current build; in particular, the "Report all malfunctions directly to Durandal" text that was added to the HD version of the first switch in Arrival is clearly readable in M1A1, but is fuzzy in the current version. I also notice that the terminals, pattern buffers, and switches are animated in M1A1, whereas they're not in the current version (I assume this was removed for the purposes of faithfulness to the original, and in this case, I actually agree. Is there a way to turn this animation off?).

: : Or do the map files do things like put goal polygons in places that you
: can see but can't get to?

: Unfortunately they do. I remember a goal on one of the Pfhor levels being a
: purely decorative recess near the ceiling. It was easy to spot from
: anywhere in the room (which had multiple entrances/exits) but impossible
: to reach.

Ah, that's unfortunate. That would make things tough, then.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

I'm a poll (and so can you) *LINK*Narcogen 8/8/14 3:04 a.m.
     Re: I'm a poll (and so can you)ukimalefu 8/8/14 3:32 a.m.
           Re: I'm a poll (and so can you)Narcogen 8/8/14 5:08 a.m.
     Re: I'm a poll (and so can you)Dispatcher 8/8/14 4:54 a.m.
     Re: I'm a poll (and so can you)jonathannemo 8/8/14 6:07 a.m.
     Re: I'm a poll (and so can you)Martin 8/8/14 9:37 a.m.
     Re: I'm a poll (and so can you)Forrest of B.org 8/8/14 1:18 p.m.
           Re: I'm a poll (and so can you)Forrest of B.org 8/13/14 11:41 p.m.
                 Re: I'm a poll (and so can you)Narcogen 8/14/14 4:01 a.m.
     Re: I'm a poll (and so can you)Tfear7 8/8/14 3:36 p.m.
     Re: I'm a poll (and so can you)Cody Miller 8/8/14 10:11 p.m.
     Re: I'm a poll (and so can you)CitizenKane 8/10/14 12:41 a.m.
     Re: I'm a poll (and so can you)Durandal_1707 8/14/14 1:34 p.m.
           Re: I'm a poll (and so can you)Narcogen 8/14/14 3:23 p.m.
                 Re: I'm a poll (and so can you)XyzzySqrl 8/14/14 4:59 p.m.
                       Distribution of modified maps for coop starts?Narcogen 8/14/14 5:55 p.m.
                             Re: Distribution of modified maps for coop starts?Durandal_1707 8/14/14 9:11 p.m.
                                   Re: Distribution of modified maps for coop starts?Narcogen 8/14/14 9:24 p.m.
                                         Re: Distribution of modified maps for coop starts?Durandal_1707 8/14/14 10:11 p.m.
                                               Re: Distribution of modified maps for coop starts?Narcogen 8/15/14 3:07 a.m.
                                                     Re: Distribution of modified maps for coop starts?treellama 8/15/14 6:11 a.m.
                                                           Re: Distribution of modified maps for coop starts?Durandal_1707 8/15/14 10:47 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Distribution of modified maps for coop starts?Hopper 8/15/14 1:15 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Distribution of modified maps for coop starts?Durandal_1707 8/16/14 9:30 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Distribution of modified maps for coop starts?Hopper 8/17/14 8:20 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Distribution of modified maps for coop starts?Durandal_1707 8/17/14 12:11 p.m.
                                                                                         Re: Distribution of modified maps for coop starts?treellama 8/18/14 3:29 a.m.
                                               Re: Distribution of modified maps for coop starts?Hopper 8/17/14 9:20 a.m.
                             Re: Distribution of modified maps for coop starts?treellama 8/15/14 6:18 a.m.
                                   Re: Distribution of modified maps for coop starts?Narcogen 8/15/14 6:16 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.