/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Aye Aye, MacGyver Secure
Posted By: NarcogenDate: 8/5/14 4:27 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Aye Aye, MacGyver Secure (Cody Miller)

: I didn't see the vidmaster variant levels :-p

Those can't really be done coop, although we are trying.

Coop start is disabled, like it is on most campaign levels in Durandal and Infinity. However, whereas making that change was straightforward on the campaign, we've run into some weirdness with the Vidmaster levels-- games repeatedly going out of sync, crashing on exit, and other strange stuff.

Added to that, the point of the vidmaster challenge is to make it through alive-- and if you die, to restart. Coop doesn't do that. We've actually already made a few attempts, but they devolve pretty quickly. Once somebody makes a mistake there's a long sequence of instant deaths on respawn, as the game just dumps the respawned player at the start of the level, which by this point is swarming with enemies. The player can't move, and now has almost no weapons or ammo.

Our coop script used to help us at least do the minimum to get out of those situations-- by sharing weapons and ammo, and by allowing teleports to a previously reached location. However all the plays we've tried with the script have gone out of sync, and without it we either get a pretty ugly play through or we'd have to force ourselves to restart after every death, and unfortunately our windows for recording don't really allow for that sort of thing.

If I don't find a way around it I may just go with what we've got-- 2 out of 3 levels are done, on Total Carnage, but they are levels we've played before with no more story and a lot of tedious fighting and tedious dying with only a few entertaining moments. If I put them up it will be merely out of being completionist.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Aye Aye, MacGyver SecureNarcogen 8/4/14 4:31 p.m.
     Re: Aye Aye, MacGyver SecureCody Miller 8/4/14 4:36 p.m.
     Re: Aye Aye, MacGyver SecureCody Miller 8/4/14 4:37 p.m.
           Re: Aye Aye, MacGyver SecureNarcogen 8/5/14 4:27 a.m.
     Re: Aye Aye, MacGyver SecureMartin 8/4/14 9:05 p.m.
           Re: Aye Aye, MacGyver SecureNarcogen 8/5/14 4:30 a.m.
                 Re: Aye Aye, MacGyver SecureMartin 8/5/14 1:17 p.m.
                       Re: Aye Aye, MacGyver SecureNarcogen 8/5/14 4:13 p.m.
                             Re: Aye Aye, MacGyver SecureMartin 8/5/14 6:13 p.m.
                                   Re: Aye Aye, MacGyver SecureNarcogen 8/5/14 10:53 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.