/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon and Destiny connection theory
Posted By: JabberwokDate: 8/1/14 9:49 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon and Destiny connection theory (Narcogen)

Trying to stretch any Destiny character or entity into being the security officer from Marathon is, to me, the point where believability vanishes entirely. The Traveller is a flying sphere, miles in diameter with magic powers. The Marathon marine is a regular-sized cyborg who is good at shooting guns and punching things. And can possibly travel through dimensions, or is immortal, or something nebulous like that. Not really enough connections to go on.

We could make up a story for how this is the case, but it would be just that (made up). The same goes for the Durandal angle, really, but I'd say that results in a more compelling narrative, and one that just kind of tells itself. Obviously*, Durandal commandeered a Jjaro ship that allows him to hop between dimensions, and he is using the abiltiy to try and contain the W'rkncacnter, which was released in all dimensions when the Pfhor set off the Trih Xeem... So he returned to an alternate Earth to try and protect it, or prepare its inhabitants.

The reason I like this speculation is it makes me more likely to enjoy Destiny. And W'rkncacnter is a much cooler name than 'The Darkness'.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon and Destiny connection theorySpartan 7/31/14 6:03 a.m.
     Re: Marathon and Destiny connection theoryVikingBoyBilly 7/31/14 6:52 a.m.
     I like this theory a lot XD *NM*ukimalefu 7/31/14 8:09 a.m.
     Re: Marathon and Destiny connection theoryHokuto 7/31/14 12:37 p.m.
           Re: Marathon and Destiny connection theorySpartan 7/31/14 4:58 p.m.
     Re: Marathon and Destiny connection theoryJabberwok 7/31/14 12:38 p.m.
           Re: Marathon and Destiny connection theoryNarcogen 7/31/14 7:04 p.m.
     Re: Marathon and Destiny connection theoryNarcogen 7/31/14 7:03 p.m.
           Re: Marathon and Destiny connection theoryCody Miller 7/31/14 7:34 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon and Destiny connection theoryNarcogen 8/1/14 3:00 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon and Destiny connection theoryJabberwok 8/1/14 9:49 a.m.
                             Re: Marathon and Destiny connection theorytreellama 8/1/14 11:19 a.m.
                                   Wonder if Jason did...... *NM*Jabberwok 8/1/14 11:57 a.m.
                                   Re: Marathon and Destiny connection theoryDispatcher 8/1/14 3:07 p.m.
                                         Re: Marathon and Destiny connection theorytreellama 8/4/14 3:39 a.m.
                             Re: Marathon and Destiny connection theoryNarcogen 8/1/14 5:27 p.m.
     Re: Marathon and Destiny connection theoryCraig Hardgrove 8/1/14 3:22 p.m.
           Re: Marathon and Destiny connection theoryNarcogen 8/1/14 5:27 p.m.
           Re: Marathon and Destiny connection theoryHokuto 8/2/14 10:15 a.m.
     Re: Marathon and Destiny connection theoryAlexS 8/1/14 7:43 p.m.
           Re: Marathon and Destiny connection theoryNarcogen 8/1/14 7:53 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.