A couple of things to note.
1) That recharger you couldn't get to work was actually an oxygen charger, which wouldn't activate because you already had full oxygen.
2) First rule of most jumping puzzles - the higher you can get, the better. If you can't get to some place from where you are, go up. ;)
3) In the pools, when you found the elevator out, you weren't actually going back, you were going forward.
4) Yes, Infinity is dark. Get used to it.
5) You died on this level? I hate to think what will happen when you get to Hang Brain...
6) Everyone says that last part resembles the hallways of the Death Star in Star Wars, yet I've never seen such a resemblance. It may just be I need to watch it again (which I will dread having to do), because I honestly hate that film and have never bothered to pay any attention whatsoever to the architecture.
7) Lovely beginning to the Infinity series - I'm terribly excited to see more!
8) There is no number 8. ;)