/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Tour of Duty: Two For The Price of One
Posted By: VikingBoyBillyDate: 2/27/14 3:45 p.m.

Last time on Tour Of Duty we searched some ancient S'pht ruins and destroyed a power source to help Tycho teleport R'chzne into vacuum and got a new gun called the KKV-7 Fletchette. KKV-7 doesn't look like one of those funny abbreviations when spoken aloud like WASTEM or SPANKER, and the word fletchette makes me think of these things from Hexen:

Sufficed to say I can't figure out what's with that name.

Ah well no more stallin. Here's The Map:

The map looks like a gun to me, as do a lot of the Marathon netmaps. Is that deliberate, or is it just me looking at them like they're clouds and finding shapes in them? One extension on the bottom right looks like a hammer. That has to be Mjollnir, you can't tell me that's unintentional! And... what the s'pht? Lol Perseus, you forgot to edit out the players!

As far as netmaps go (and even Marathon maps in general) it is one of the prettier ones. The central pool and the Lh'owhon water texture set are relaxing. Very well used here. You can get the SPNKR here because, yeah, this is a netmap. It was meant to be only accessible via co-op, but, as mentioned in the last ToD writeup, that idea got scrapped.

The teleports to the upper levels are kind of weird. They are supposed to be sniper areas, but they are very cramped spaces that you can't jump down from and make you the sitting duck more so than the other players.

This is the only terminal:

Yes, Shakespeare, you are an ass, indeed. This is a Super Mario Bros. warp zone, because we skip Confound Delivery and get flung through time directly to Electric Sheep One. That's why this map is named Two For the Price of One.

That's that for the map. It was much ado about nothing. Since we need to pad space, here's some fan art:

Now we shall let the W'rkncacncter erase this from the timeline and go to Martin on Confound Delivery in the other universe. See you Where Some Rarely Go!

Lotsa Spaghetti,
-VBB

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty: Two For The Price of OneVikingBoyBilly 2/27/14 3:45 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Two For The Price of OnePerseusSpartacus 2/27/14 4:01 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty: Two For The Price of OneMartin 2/27/14 4:06 p.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty: Two For The Price of OneVikingBoyBilly 2/27/14 4:14 p.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty: Two For The Price of OneMartin 2/27/14 4:15 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Two For The Price of OneVikingBoyBilly 2/27/14 4:04 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Two For The Price of OneMartin 2/27/14 4:14 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty: Two For The Price of OneVikingBoyBilly 2/27/14 4:28 p.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty: Two For The Price of OneMartin 2/27/14 4:37 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Two For The Price of OneGodot 2/28/14 6:45 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty: Two For The Price of Oneyaco 3/26/14 9:45 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty: Two For The Price of OnePerseusSpartacus 3/26/14 10:19 a.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty: Two For The Price of OneMartin 3/26/14 10:30 a.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty: Two For The Price of OnePerseusSpartacus 3/26/14 10:48 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.