/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty: Robot World Arena
Posted By: MartinDate: 2/20/14 6:22 p.m.

In Response To: Tour of Duty: Robot World Arena (VikingBoyBilly)

Nice work on taking the opportunity to educate us in the writeup of this reasonably uneventful level! Plenty I didn't know in there - those sprite sheets are kind of weird, but I didn't realise how special they were for the time. I never played much of Doom but I do know that such games were much harder on the eyes in terms of motion sickness partly due to the fact that the player slid along instead of the Marathon bob that actually simulated walking. Dark Forces was the worst in that area though - to the point that after watching my brother play it for say 10 minutes, I had to go and lie down ... nasty stuff, and that continued through a lot of the fake 3d / early proper 3d games like that, I just couldn't play them. Luckily Marathon was all I needed anyway.

Waldo World was one that my brother used to beat me on a lot ... I mean he usually beat me, to start with he was on a PowerMac 7200 and I our old LC III in those days, and just staying in sync was a challenge, let alone beating out the far superior hardware player. I'll never know if that's all there was to it, he's hardly played games in years.

But, not that it's all that impressive, I was quite familiar with the map, and I did know from the spoiler guide and such what we needed to do there - from my perspective I was having trouble getting you to go where you needed, nice to know there is communication in-game, just a shame I didn't know at the time :). As I hit the switch and you hit the terminal, I have still never been to that room with the terminal! Again, with communication I would have suggested taking a screenshot for a nicer version of the map, but my cleaned up version of the spoiler guide's is all right .. and I see you've used your own rather long-URL links for those pics - which does work better than my embeds, well done :).

Interesting that I looked to have chosen violet - I always have orange selected in the preferences ... I mean, why would you not?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty: Robot World ArenaVikingBoyBilly 2/20/14 4:49 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Robot World ArenaMartin 2/20/14 6:22 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty: Robot World ArenaVikingBoyBilly 2/21/14 3:33 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Robot World ArenaPerseusSpartacus 2/20/14 8:37 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty: Robot World ArenaMartin 2/20/14 11:59 p.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty: Robot World ArenaPerseusSpartacus 2/21/14 8:06 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty: Robot World ArenaPerseusSpartacus 2/21/14 8:13 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty: Robot World Arenatreellama 2/21/14 10:05 a.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty: Robot World ArenaPerseusSpartacus 2/21/14 10:37 a.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty: Robot World ArenaVikingBoyBilly 2/21/14 3:27 p.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty: Robot World ArenaJabberwok 2/23/14 4:25 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Robot World ArenaJabberwok 2/23/14 4:22 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty: Robot World ArenaPerseusSpartacus 2/23/14 8:02 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty: Robot World ArenaNarcogen 2/23/14 6:57 p.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty: Robot World ArenaJabberwok 2/24/14 2:04 a.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty: Robot World ArenaJabberwok 2/24/14 2:08 a.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty: Robot World ArenaVikingBoyBilly 2/24/14 4:12 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.