/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty: Rise Robot Rise
Posted By: MartinDate: 2/16/14 1:54 p.m.

In Response To: Tour of Duty: Rise Robot Rise (VikingBoyBilly)

What a ride. Well worth the wait :D. Of course we had tried a few times to arrange for a coop run to Robot World Arena, and they were interesting times yesterday.

Not a favourite level. A bit too open-ended in terms of progression and with too many mysterious doors that we can never open. Our first foray into a very different story, with some of the Pfhor on our side, and not our last. I can't remember how I just let it all slide the first time through, not understanding much of what was going on and yet somehow not being too bothered by it.

I had never given much thought to that plugged-in Fighter in the terminal image - yet more revelations there, the benefit of having another viewpoint as I said when I offered out Infinity levels :). Interesting stuff, and what you say certainly fits with the text - cool.

Also not sure I had ever noticed the red cloud outside before.

Re the terminal with the cyborg depicted, the Story page has some discussion on this - apparently it was a Durandal terminal earlier in development, for one thing, and there is the idea that we might have at one point been supposed to find a bouncing grenade weapon, or something like that. Never mind :).

We also see in those terminals the beginnings of the ^rndmtxtlnes about which (of course) more on the Story page a ways down. So great that a lot of work has been done for us by this point ;).

Okay. We have you continuing for Robot World Arena and Poor Yorick, and maybe Two For The Price of One? I'll send links for required pics and such, and you can send me any last minute extras for SkyDrive embed links - they seem to be working as well, after a fashion :).

Meantime, to keep things a bit more alive around here as we go on, and different people take levels and take different amounts of time with them, I'm thinking about kicking off a Tempus Irae tour - have started working on map pics and terminal images, and I can explain it away, in terms of cutting into the Infinity tour, as just another mishap with the timelines ;). Not sure how many are familiar with that scenario, but it should be fun....

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty: Rise Robot RiseVikingBoyBilly 2/16/14 1:10 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Rise Robot RiseGodot 2/16/14 1:29 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Rise Robot RiseMartin 2/16/14 1:54 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty: Rise Robot RiseVikingBoyBilly 2/16/14 3:18 p.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty: Rise Robot RiseMartin 2/16/14 3:45 p.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty: Rise Robot RisePerseusSpartacus 2/16/14 5:16 p.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty: Rise Robot RiseVikingBoyBilly 2/18/14 7:32 a.m.
                                   Re: Tour of Duty: Rise Robot RiseVikingBoyBilly 2/18/14 7:36 a.m.
                                         Re: Tour of Duty: Rise Robot RisePerseusSpartacus 2/18/14 7:41 a.m.
                                               Re: Tour of Duty: Rise Robot RiseVikingBoyBilly 2/18/14 4:23 p.m.
                                                     Re: Tour of Duty: Rise Robot RisePerseusSpartacus 2/18/14 5:51 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty: Rise Robot RisePerseusSpartacus 2/16/14 5:19 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty: Rise Robot RiseMartin 2/16/14 5:53 p.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty: Rise Robot RisePerseusSpartacus 2/17/14 9:11 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.