/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Can't Get Theah From Heah
Posted By: NarcogenDate: 1/15/14 9:06 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Can't Get Theah From Heah (Dispatcher)

: Wow, sounds like a real pain. But I've enjoyed your work.

Well, not too bad, really. I think it got in the way of the production only once, when changed the weapon script without archiving it and couldn't play back some films until I recreated it through trial and error.

My one real regret about how we did the series is that there's no point in releasing the actual game films-- because between the ever-changing weapon scripts and the edits we made to M2's map files to allow for scratch-starting coop on every level, there'd be a lot of hoops for people to jump through in order to play them back. In fact, film playback seems to fail if there are ANY changes to the map file. For instance, at one point I realized I had forgotten to allow for coop starts on one level, so I had to edit the map file again to play the next level. That change broke ALL previous films -- even though all those films were recorded on levels that had already been edited to allow coop starts and were still enabled for coop starts. I assume the engine must be performing some kind of checksum on the map file, so if it isn't identical, films don't work.

In any case, glad you enjoyed it, hope you're looking forward to Infinity (and beyond)!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Can't Get Theah From HeahNarcogen 1/10/14 12:32 a.m.
     Re: Can't Get Theah From HeahPerseusSpartacus 1/10/14 7:56 a.m.
     Re: Can't Get Theah From HeahDispatcher 1/10/14 1:22 p.m.
           Re: Can't Get Theah From HeahPerseusSpartacus 1/11/14 9:35 a.m.
                 Re: Can't Get Theah From HeahGodot 1/11/14 10:20 a.m.
                       Re: Can't Get Theah From HeahMartin 1/11/14 3:59 p.m.
                             Re: Can't Get Theah From HeahHopper 1/11/14 7:12 p.m.
     Re: Can't Get Theah From HeahMartin 1/15/14 10:20 a.m.
           Re: Can't Get Theah From HeahPerseusSpartacus 1/15/14 11:23 a.m.
                 Re: Can't Get Theah From HeahMartin 1/15/14 1:16 p.m.
                       Re: Can't Get Theah From HeahPerseusSpartacus 1/15/14 2:47 p.m.
                 Re: Can't Get Theah From HeahNarcogen 1/15/14 5:20 p.m.
                       Re: Can't Get Theah From HeahDispatcher 1/15/14 7:46 p.m.
                             Re: Can't Get Theah From HeahNarcogen 1/15/14 9:06 p.m.
                                   Re: Can't Get Theah From HeahMartin 1/15/14 9:28 p.m.
                                         Re: Can't Get Theah From HeahDispatcher 1/16/14 9:30 a.m.
                                   Re: Can't Get Theah From Heahtreellama 1/16/14 6:13 a.m.
           Re: Can't Get Theah From HeahNarcogen 1/15/14 5:17 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.