/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty - All Roads Lead To Sol...
Posted By: MartinDate: 12/31/13 7:49 a.m.

In Response To: Tour of Duty - All Roads Lead To Sol... (PerseusSpartacus)

Also interesting:
The final screen [?confirms] Tycho was destroyed by Durandal.

All the infinitely restocking weapons and ammo make this easy even for scratchstarting, for a change!!

I don't think I've ever actually taken in that credit entry from Jason fully before. Interesting and revealing! Both the Nar and the Nebulons have languages that would slow life down a lot. Curious that that description makes it seem like thing what kicks would make more sense as the Nar translation. Also curious that they would know of Chicago....

It is rather a sudden end to things, after all we've been through, as you say. Characters that served as our masters for a time kept disappearing from our perspective of the story: Tycho after Mercy, Blake after KYT, Thoth after Requiem. And with little opportunity to say goodbye. I guess the final screen makes no mention of Thoth because he was destroyed by the effects of the "trih xeem"?

Either that, or perhaps it was because this screen actually reports on events that followed the fixing up of some things via Infinity ;)?

I'm sure I thought of another thing or two, but they're gone now. So I'll say simply: anyone else wanting to tackle an Infinity level(s) should speak up before I get to them. If I recall, Viking wanted Thing What Kicks, and Hokuto was going to think about it and maybe do a dream level :). In the meantime, NCM in the next few days! Or should that be a few days ago?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty - All Roads Lead To Sol...PerseusSpartacus 12/30/13 3:55 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - All Roads Lead To Sol...Martin 12/30/13 11:58 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - All Roads Lead To Sol...Martin 12/31/13 7:49 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - All Roads Lead To Sol...PerseusSpartacus 12/31/13 8:05 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - All Roads Lead To Sol...Hokuto 12/31/13 9:34 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - All Roads Lead To Sol...VikingBoyBilly 12/31/13 2:41 p.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - All Roads Lead To Sol...Martin 1/1/14 12:21 p.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - All Roads Lead To Sol...Godot 1/4/14 12:52 p.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty - All Roads Lead To Sol...Martin 1/5/14 3:49 p.m.
                                   Re: Tour of Duty - All Roads Lead To Sol...PerseusSpartacus 1/5/14 4:05 p.m.
                                         Re: Tour of Duty - All Roads Lead To Sol...Martin 1/5/14 4:47 p.m.
                                               Re: Tour of Duty - All Roads Lead To Sol...Martin 1/5/14 4:59 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - All Roads Lead To Sol...VikingBoyBilly 1/2/14 5:55 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - All Roads Lead To Sol...Godot 1/2/14 7:15 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.