/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty - My Own Private Thermopylae
Posted By: MartinDate: 12/10/13 9:16 a.m.

In Response To: Tour of Duty - My Own Private Thermopylae (PerseusSpartacus)

Nice one. With so many choices early on this is probably one of the hardest levels to write an action-packed walkthrough of. I know it pretty well but struggled to keep up at times lol. I realised as I went that my writeups probably read with similar issues ... ahh well never mind, it's a fairly dry business, even with your quick wit :).

Did you mention the level's claim to fame as "max.poly.count"? It even says that in one terminal if I recall. The infamous disappearing sounds of the level in the original engine on most hardware ... before your time anyway!

The job can be done rather quickly, and scratchstarting ain't actually all that bad, especially with the secret SPNKR. The BoB standoff is the first time they've been given such good odds - holding the Pfhor off at the pass even maybe - hmmm I wonder if there's anything in that?

Okay, one more site to activate, two cells and some dumb Pfhor. One of my favourite levels is at hand, wherein we learn valuable lessons about water, only to forget them again long before Thing What Kicks..., but that's a story for another time, and there's plenty to write in the meantime!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty - My Own Private ThermopylaePerseusSpartacus 12/9/13 8:25 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - My Own Private ThermopylaeMartin 12/10/13 9:16 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.