/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Did Durandal literally sell the humans out?
Posted By: BlastfrogDate: 10/25/13 8:46 p.m.

I just thought about the name of Colony Ship For Sale. As we all know, Durandal contacted the Phor to begin with. I suspect he contacted them in order to be in close enough proximity to take control of it because he was impressed with it, and saw it as a physical means of escape from his captors.

Durandal didn't want Leela to know the details of their communications. Perhaps Durandal suggested that they take advantage of the Marathon and its crew, as they're quite vulnerable and weak.

He was literally selling them the Marathon, hence the advertisement "Colony ship for sale!". He probably left out that little detail of what they'd be giving up in return for it, however. ;)

Durandal is clearly an amoral user who sees anything and everything as a means to an end: to become a god, of course. To escape the prison of the universe itself.

Could I be onto what the level name means? Or am I just making a fool of myself? :P

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Did Durandal literally sell the humans out?Blastfrog 10/25/13 8:46 p.m.
     Re: Did Durandal literally sell the humans out?VikingBoyBilly 10/26/13 2:48 p.m.
           Re: Did Durandal literally sell the humans out?Destiny 10/28/13 4:42 a.m.
                 Re: Did Durandal literally sell the humans out?VikingBoyBilly 10/29/13 9:43 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.