/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty - If I Had A Rocket Launcher...
Posted By: MartinDate: 10/25/13 6:53 p.m.

In Response To: Tour of Duty - If I Had A Rocket Launcher... (PerseusSpartacus)

Nice writeup. I've always really liked the Pfhor texture set of M2, so I guess we can agree to disagree :).

I never have much success with the shotguns in the first action area, and do better just cowering beside the switch, which -can- discourage Troopers from coming near quite effectively! The doors are painfully slow though. My TC (need I say it) runs usually then have me proceeding to the Pattern Buffer, although I don't think I've ever taken the time to look at the map on this level, so I had no idea that was to the east lol.

Saving the game there leads to different outcomes on reloading. Sometimes you get blown up immediately by a Sim or Trooper, but after enough attempts can usually give them the runaround and get to the next switch. Surviving the hunter pack takes a few more attempts, but after that at least one can save, and then it is just a matter of time. I like the connectedness of the level, but have only really explored such once or twice, its being a level I just want to get off. Looking forward to the next, where knowledge of the save location makes all the difference in the world. I'm back home from travelling, on Wednesday, so we can get things moving again and keep ahead of Rampancy!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty - If I Had A Rocket Launcher...PerseusSpartacus 10/25/13 11:36 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - If I Had A Rocket Launcher...Martin 10/25/13 6:53 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - If I Had A Rocket Launcher...PerseusSpartacus 10/25/13 8:53 p.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - If I Had A Rocket Launcher...Martin 10/25/13 9:07 p.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - If I Had A Rocket Launcher...PerseusSpartacus 10/26/13 9:56 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - If I Had A Rocket Launcher...FiddlerOnARoof 10/26/13 4:03 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - If I Had A Rocket Launcher...PerseusSpartacus 10/26/13 5:24 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - If I Had A Rocket Launcher...PerseusSpartacus 10/30/13 10:36 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - If I Had A Rocket Launcher...Godot 10/30/13 12:35 p.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - If I Had A Rocket Launcher...PerseusSpartacus 10/30/13 2:16 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - If I Had A Rocket Launcher...Hokuto 10/30/13 3:14 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.