/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Organizing my thoughts on the Jjaro
Posted By: NordevaiDate: 9/29/13 11:22 p.m.

The Jjaro are not really well explained in the marathon series, and much about them is left to speculation, but i'm trying to organize what I know about them and would like your guys opinions. Most if not all of this probably has been talked about in this place before, so I apologize in advance if this all ends up as more of the same.

I know that they where a mysterious race that vanished at some point, and the last known time they where seen (from what we can gather in the games) was at Lh'owon. From what I can gather from former posts, its quite probable that the name Yrro means Jjaro, but i'm attempting to figure out how Pthia fits into this. When I first played the trilogy I assumed that Yrro was a singular person, and Pthia was simply Yrro's lover. After reading a few of PerseusSpartacus post I began to reconsider that belief.

The Spht were possible very young at that time, and personifying two races into a single beings seemed likely. If Pthia was a race it had to be a very important race to the Jjaro, as its implied from the terminals that the species Pthia was not a simple client/servant race like the Spht. So important that the Jjaro acted in rage against the W'rkncacnter and flung them into the sun when Pthia was destroyed. This also implies that the Pthia/Pthians where more susceptible to the W'rkncacnter's destructive nature than the Jjaro, or at least in my current opinion.

I might get a bit scattered with the point i'm trying to make, so bear with me. From what we know in the beginning of Infinity the W'rkncacnter is very destructive to the Pfhor fleet, tearing it apart almost instantly. The Jjaro and Pthian's where running from the W'rkncacnter, and when it/they arrived destroyed Pthia (which its possible the entire species was there at the time), yet the Jjaro remained and had the ability to counter against the W'rkncacnter. Its seen that the Jjaro are capable of at least combating and stopping the W'rkncacnter. The Jjaro are also seen as the union of organics and machine, not at all unlike the Security Officer, and during Infinity the only things that stood a chance at stopping the chaos inflicted by the W'rkncacnter was the Security Officer and the Jjaro/Jjaro Station.

What if its possible that Pthia as a race was the Jjaro before they infused themself with machines? This would explain why Pthia's destruction prompted such an angered response from the Jjaro, and why they might have been destroyed with such ease. Its possible for a species to have cybernetic implants in some of its species, but not others. (Humans for example?)

But why would Yrro (as a race) grieve and become an angry master just from that? Perhaps the change from fully organic to Jjaro is not a simple and easily replicated process. We can possibly see that with S'bhuth, who in an interview was revealed to be a failed attempt at becoming a Jjaro. Perhaps the highest success rate was in the Pthian race and the reason the Jjaro took client races was an attempt to find other sources for creating Jjaro in order to fight the W'rkncacnter threat.

The Jjaro seem to disappear after pthia was destroyed, meaning that this event was devastating to the Jjaro. If Pthia was there main source for creating more Jjaro, and the success rate for other races was slow (either from race's being to young or not ready) the Jjaro would have to either die out, fade away, or escape as Durandal believes.

I know there are flaws to this idea, but that why i'm posting it here. I'd like to get your guys opinion on this.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Organizing my thoughts on the JjaroNordevai 9/29/13 11:22 p.m.
     Re: Organizing my thoughts on the JjaroCB557 9/30/13 12:39 a.m.
     Re: Organizing my thoughts on the JjaroPerseusSpartacus 9/30/13 11:06 a.m.
           Re: Organizing my thoughts on the JjaroNordevai 9/30/13 11:58 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.