/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Good VCS for a Marathon scenario?
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 8/30/13 2:46 p.m.

So as my last few questions may have hinted at, I'm looking to release a new version of Eternal soon; what would have been 1.1b4 if life hadn't suddenly taken a shit on me at the end of 2009, which has a lot of things that other people have contributed to the project that I haven't even had time to playtest properly until life finally settled down recently.

I'm hoping to put that release, along with all the source files (the PSDs, etc, that the game content is made from; not source code), up on a version control system of some sort so that the Marathon community at large can make improvements to it as they feel like without myself being a bottleneck on the process anymore.

I was initially planning on using GitHub because I'm familiar with git and because GitHub has a really friendly GUI interface so ever Marathoners with no real development experience can pick it up pretty easily.

But apparently GitHub doesn't like repos over 1GB, and Eternal with all of its source files is about 2.5GB. Plus apparently git itself is not fond of large binary files, which many of the source files are, and all of the actual Marathon files (Shapes, etc) are.

Does anyone have any recommendations on some kind of version control system that would be amenable to a Marathon scenario project?

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Good VCS for a Marathon scenario?Forrest of B.org 8/30/13 2:46 p.m.
     Re: Good VCS for a Marathon scenario?treellama 9/4/13 3:48 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.