/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Classic B-Plays plays Marathon
Posted By: DispatcherDate: 8/26/13 8:30 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Classic B-Plays plays Marathon (Antarctico)

: Not bad -- the guy clearly has affection for the game. I just wish he
: wouldn't giggle at his own witty repartee. Oh well, who's perfect?

True, he does seem to enjoy hearing himself talk. But he's doing what radio personalities do; filling "dead air" time with sound. I don't know if he is a radio Dee Jay or not, but maybe he's a wanna be.

He is quite good at Marathon and seems to remember a lot about the game (including map and physics editors). I don't think he is up on all secrets and probably doesn't haunt this forum, but he states that he loves the story (especially regarding Durandal, rampancy and the player's beginnings). He does read aloud those terminal messages (or at least pauses long enough that you can also pause the video to read them without rewinding). Seems he's played through Marathon (and maybe the Trilogy) due to Destiny coming out later. He also mentions a Marathon sequel being in the works in one of the first episodes, but I'm not aware of anything like that. Perhaps that was still in reference to Destiny, which is clearly not a sequel. He's also a Halo fan and he makes interesting comparisons between NPCs in both games.

When you have the time, you might want to check those vids out. He does from 1 to 3 levels per video. But playing solo, its still not like watching the Rampancy boys taking on the baddies in co-op. :-)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Classic B-Plays plays MarathonGodot 8/25/13 7:06 a.m.
     Re: Classic B-Plays plays MarathonCB557 8/25/13 8:33 a.m.
     Re: Classic B-Plays plays MarathonAntarctico 8/26/13 5:50 a.m.
           Re: Classic B-Plays plays MarathonDispatcher 8/26/13 8:30 a.m.
                 Re: Classic B-Plays plays MarathonNarcogen 8/26/13 9:00 a.m.
                       Re: Classic B-Plays plays MarathonDispatcher 8/26/13 6:28 p.m.
                             Re: Classic B-Plays plays Marathon *LINK*Narcogen 8/26/13 8:39 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.