/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Beta 2 test: Habe Quiddam
Posted By: Dr. John SumnerDate: 8/25/13 11:14 a.m.

In Response To: Beta 2 test: Habe Quiddam (Godot)

: Just like the original, the first Sim Bob you'll meet is just standing there…
: alone in the dark. You edge forward… "psst… are you alright?"
: … you edge a little closer. The rest they say is history. Classic Bungie
: Marathon. The beta replicates this exactly. Go experience it for yourself.

I just finished playing Habe Quiddam on TC with Beta 3. I had another instance of enemies behaving different than in the original. I ran through the lava, disposed of the enemies after exiting the lava, saved at the nearby PB, activated the enemies across the rising/falling platform and got back across. It's possible to stand to the right of the PB, up against the wall, and activate the rest of enemies you'll meet in the hallway once you permanently cross over the rising/falling platform. Some of the Lookers and Wasps will find there way into the PB. That is not a surprise. That happens in the original. High above the PB room is a stairway. At the top is the switch that you hit to retrieve the Alien Energy Converter. Well, I had a Projectile Fighter jump off that high ledge and into the PB room where I was standing. Now THAT has never happened in my playing of the original. Seems that this is another instance of an enemy jumping off a ledge higher than it normally should.

By the way, I managed to get through that level with all ammo collected, ALL enemies defeated (even the Projectile Fighters high across the lava guarding the 2x recharger), and NO ammo used.

John

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Beta 2 test: Habe QuiddamGodot 7/17/13 4:34 a.m.
     Re: Beta 2 test: Habe QuiddamDr. John Sumner 8/25/13 11:14 a.m.
           Re: Beta 2 test: Habe QuiddamGodot 8/25/13 11:21 a.m.
                 Re: Beta 2 test: Habe QuiddamDr. John Sumner 8/25/13 11:31 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.