/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation Movie
Posted By: GodotDate: 8/22/13 5:53 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation Movie (Dr. John Sumner)

: It sure feels like it at times. :)

: I don't know about you, but I am sure glad I vid Marathon when I did. I'd
: hate to try it nowadays. I was playing Fire! Fire!.. yesterday. It took me
: at least 10-15 tries before I finally got to the Troopers guarding the 2x
: recharger having used no ammo. I then promptly got wiped out before I
: could say vidmaster. Seems much harder with the betas than I remember it
: being with the original. Another sign of age?

Interesting point. Maybe the beta is harder.

The only way to tell is to play the original multiple times and see if you can pin down any real differences. I am of the opinion that Enforcers and Fighters on Pfhorphobia get off a shot quicker in the beta than in the original game. I find it much harder to back away from secret door trap before an alien fires at me in the beta.

It may be the case that this is common to all monsters.

Having a harder beta isn't a bad thing however.

Cheers
Hamish

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/19/13 1:21 a.m.
     Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/19/13 7:28 a.m.
           Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/19/13 10:56 a.m.
                 Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation Movietreellama 8/19/13 11:39 a.m.
                       Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/19/13 11:53 a.m.
                       Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/19/13 12:37 p.m.
                 Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/19/13 11:56 a.m.
                 Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieFiddlerOnARoof 8/21/13 8:56 p.m.
                       Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieDr. John Sumner 8/22/13 3:49 a.m.
                             Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/22/13 5:15 a.m.
                                   Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieDr. John Sumner 8/22/13 5:28 a.m.
                                         Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/22/13 5:53 a.m.
                                               Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieDr. John Sumner 8/22/13 6:11 a.m.
                                                     Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/22/13 6:19 a.m.
                                         Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/22/13 6:49 a.m.
                                               Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieDr. John Sumner 8/22/13 8:39 a.m.
                                                     Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/22/13 9:11 a.m.
                       Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/22/13 6:41 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.