/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation Movie
Posted By: FiddlerOnARoofDate: 8/21/13 8:56 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation Movie (Antarctico)

: I have truthfully not seen that many vid movies over the years...

Kind of off-topic, but speaking of vid movies (I've seen some of yours---good work!), the best vids I've ever seen are not on the awesome Vidmaster page, but here:

http://pfhorums.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1758

You will also need this map package from Simplic7y to view them:

http://simplici7y.com/items/kill-them-all

and remember to set your film playback mode to "Aleph One". Even those these films are six years old, they contain some of the most violent, ass-whooping, and efficient use of weapons I've ever seen in Marathon. Another thing, there is an impromptu quality about these films that I don't see in others; nothing seems staged at all. Just some major skills at work, and by none other than perhaps the most skilled mapmaker in the history of Marathon.

Of course, the quality of a vid film is a matter of taste. Back in the day, doing everything the hardest way possible, fists only, was treasured, and Dr. John Sumner was the epitome of this venerable tradition. What he does is incredibly hard and takes lots of patience. I personally like the films that deliver the most punishment in as spectacular a way as possible. Perhaps this is a minority view, but I'd encourage all of you to take a look at the films.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/19/13 1:21 a.m.
     Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/19/13 7:28 a.m.
           Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/19/13 10:56 a.m.
                 Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation Movietreellama 8/19/13 11:39 a.m.
                       Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/19/13 11:53 a.m.
                       Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/19/13 12:37 p.m.
                 Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/19/13 11:56 a.m.
                 Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieFiddlerOnARoof 8/21/13 8:56 p.m.
                       Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieDr. John Sumner 8/22/13 3:49 a.m.
                             Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/22/13 5:15 a.m.
                                   Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieDr. John Sumner 8/22/13 5:28 a.m.
                                         Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/22/13 5:53 a.m.
                                               Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieDr. John Sumner 8/22/13 6:11 a.m.
                                                     Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieGodot 8/22/13 6:19 a.m.
                                         Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/22/13 6:49 a.m.
                                               Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieDr. John Sumner 8/22/13 8:39 a.m.
                                                     Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/22/13 9:11 a.m.
                       Re: Pfhoaphobia -- Compiler Activation MovieAntarctico 8/22/13 6:41 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.