/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Beta Testing: General Bug - Error 13
Posted By: AntarcticoDate: 8/20/13 7:46 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Beta Testing: General Bug - Error 13 (treellama)

: Sufficient logging for this error is enabled by default. It's stored in
: C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\AlephOne

Here is a log excerpt from today's most recent Error-13 messages (the log entry is the same for Error-13 messages in both Marathon and M2):

alert (ID=13): A system error occurred while attempting to read from your map or saved game file. (../../../trunk/Source_Files/CSeries/csalerts_sdl.cpp:205)

Also, from today's attempt at vidding Sorry Don't Make It So, every time I restart the level, the log file shows pages of this message:

while opening resource file F:\Program Files\Marathon 2\Shapes.shpA (../../../trunk/Source_Files/Files/resource_manager.cpp:338)
file's resource reference list corrupt (../../../trunk/Source_Files/Files/resource_manager.cpp:276)

Regarding this second error, I am using the HD textures included in the M2 Aleph One download along with Perseus's HD scenery plugin which I have configured to allow the HD wall textures and scenery objects, but not the HD monster and weapon in hand sprits.

: The fact that you're losing sounds leads me to think there may be a
: memory leak. How many times do you need to start a level before it
: happens? Are you low on RAM?

Regarding the sounds, while I do get the Error-13 message when play testing both Marathon and M2, I have only noticed the missing sound issues with M2. Perhaps this is related to M2 having ambient sounds where Marathon does not. The ambient sounds always drop out when the sound issue occurs.

About the number of restarts, this is hard to say as there is not a set interval for the error. If I am trying to record a movie, or I am trying to fight my way to a test area (Pfhoraphobia, for example) and I get off to a poor start and continuing would ultimately be a waste of my time, I will bail on the game in progress and start again. A fair guess would be the Error-13 messages start showing up beyond 10 restarts and then they reoccur with increasing, random frequency. The sound issues in M2 only start after multiple Error-13 messages.

About a memory leak, this was my first assumption. As far as RAM goes, I have 4GB, three set aside as system memory (the maximum XP can address) with the fourth GB used as a ramdisk.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Beta Testing: General Bug - Error 13Antarctico 8/20/13 4:41 a.m.
     Re: Beta Testing: General Bug - Error 13treellama 8/20/13 5:57 a.m.
           Re: Beta Testing: General Bug - Error 13Antarctico 8/20/13 6:21 a.m.
                 Re: Beta Testing: General Bug - Error 13treellama 8/20/13 6:44 a.m.
                       Re: Beta Testing: General Bug - Error 13Antarctico 8/20/13 7:46 a.m.
                             Re: Beta Testing: General Bug - Error 13treellama 8/20/13 8:07 a.m.
                                   Re: Beta Testing: General Bug - Error 13Antarctico 8/20/13 8:37 a.m.
                             Re: Beta Testing: General Bug - Error 13Martin 8/20/13 10:26 a.m.
                                   OS Wars (was: Beta Testing: General Bug-Error 13)Antarctico 8/20/13 4:53 p.m.
                                         Re: OS Wars (was: Beta Testing: General Bug-Error Martin 8/20/13 5:13 p.m.
                                               Re: OS Wars (was: Beta Testing: General Bug-Errortreellama 8/21/13 3:30 a.m.
                                                     Re: OS Wars (was: Beta Testing: General Bug-ErrorAntarctico 8/21/13 3:36 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.