/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty - We're Everywhere
Posted By: MartinDate: 8/18/13 5:49 p.m.

In Response To: Tour of Duty - We're Everywhere (PerseusSpartacus)

Nice writeup, but I think we might have to implement a "must have played recently and explored every secret" policy for some levels :p. You're doing All Roads, which I guess will be a big of a signing off for you. Have you done the credit terminal run on that level? I actually never have!

Having said that, your description of the big secret was all in order. Not being much good at forward strafing, I usually grenade myself between the two platforms. The reward really is a very nice ammo cache! And scratchstarters get a fusion pistol, so they can at least access this! The only other odd thing is that in part of the long secret corridor from point A, the roof disappears and we can swim, but most of it is all enclosed.

The main thing I'm confused about us where all the compilers went in your writeup! After climbing up those first stairs at point A and opening the door, on TC at least, we find a large number of compilers and their associated green bolts coming towards us! The narrow corridor adds much to the pain of this, and it is usually a fight that wants a few trips back to the underwater charger! Do they not show up on your difficulty??

Similarly there are compilers in the PB room, and all the enemies there exhibit an interesting property - they are set to retreat in the direction of the oxygen charger room, and will head out if we retreat or even just back out to avoid getting shot. They will often make their way back in if we do, but if we go all the way back to recharge, say, they end up in the room beyond the oxygen charger room, and we have to go to them.

Also, in the southeast area, there is an incessant mechanical ambient sound - I'm pretty sure it is different from the one I described at length on What About Bob?, and it is quite definitive of M2 for me, as I think I might have said at the time.

One can also approach this level starting west in the river, hmmm. Quite a different experience I think.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty - We're EverywherePerseusSpartacus 8/18/13 4:58 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - We're EverywhereMartin 8/18/13 5:49 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - We're EverywherePerseusSpartacus 8/18/13 6:59 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - We're EverywherePerseusSpartacus 8/18/13 8:47 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - We're EverywhereHokuto 8/19/13 1:08 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.