/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty - No Artificial Colors
Posted By: MartinDate: 7/17/13 4:46 p.m.

In Response To: Tour of Duty - No Artificial Colors (PerseusSpartacus)

Re the raised pattern buffer, I think it is there because there is a raised platform with a charger I think, on the netmap with similarly arranged columns. That's all I've got. Had forgotten there was a SPNKR on the level, ensuring you can reach that pattern buffer from a scratch start. Maybe an alternative destination idea for that teleporter?

Another encounter with a covert charger, after the Shake Before Using's active behind a barrier one. In both cases I think use is well fair enough, but they are also both quite strange. As is that platform method of getting into the adjoining big room in this case; as you say, the teleporter makes much more sense!

The random area with the sim pack and ultimately the teleporter to ammotown is definitely one of those places where having played before makes the world of difference! Last run for me I just made a beeline for the teleporter and left the pfhor and sims to sort themselves out!

Durandal clearly has no issue with your killing all the bobs; perhaps it is the case that in the end he just gives up on Bernhard because we are so bad at finding people and leaving them alive :). Now back to the pfhor ship to a level that was truly painful on an LCIII back in the day - frame rates are important when trying to jump on a platform in the middle of a slime pit. Speaking of which, it was nice to see last level that you were quite happy with differently coloured lava :D.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty - No Artificial ColorsPerseusSpartacus 7/17/13 8:01 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - No Artificial ColorsMartin 7/17/13 4:46 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - No Artificial ColorsPerseusSpartacus 7/17/13 5:12 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.