/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, Cheap
Posted By: MartinDate: 7/7/13 1:13 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, Cheap (PerseusSpartacus)

Wow. At least two things I didn't know about in this level - and two secret terminals at that!

I'm pretty sure I didn't know about the eponymous terminal at the end of the central corridor. I never thought to stop the middle door with the switch on the other side, and instead usually throw two grenades at the distant switch! Without crosshairs, thank you very much :).

I also rather like the puzzle for the level, and find it really only takes a couple of retries to sort out, plus if you mess up the ones with switches back by the pattern buffer, you always have the wonderful option of grenading yourself to death to save time!

This time around for me, I finally managed the raising hex rooms well. I managed to coax the Pfhor out somehow by heading towards the path to further into the level, and that made it much easier. Previously it always scared me, so it was nice to tick another challenge off the list :).

I like the timing factor on the term platform at the end of the level, and that it is (one of?) the first situation(s?) where we can cancel the terminal and then fall so as not to be able to read it - not a problem in M1 where terminals completely stopped time, but A1 ... sorry ... does not make it so.

I had been planning to play through M2 and Infinity again for a while, but had it not been for your Tour, I probably wouldn't have bothered with M1 - it is certainly the hardest (on TC) and has some annoying levels. Instead I rather raced through it, and didn't bother much reading the terminals as I knew I would be able to catch the important bits on here :D. Looking forward to the next level - some seriously annoying stuff for TC, and this time around I was way too casual at the end of the level and had to reload more times than I should have! It is also an annoying level design with how long it takes to get back up if you fall down to the start area. I'll read more about it in a few days :), and at some point I'll have to ask you how you get all the formatted text and pics in the posts, if I am to lead the M2 ones!

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapPerseusSpartacus 7/6/13 3:34 p.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapPresident People 7/6/13 7:17 p.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapPerseusSpartacus 7/6/13 8:09 p.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapMartin 7/7/13 1:13 a.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapGodot 7/7/13 2:15 a.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapPerseusSpartacus 7/7/13 8:24 a.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapMartin 7/7/13 1:36 p.m.
                                   Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapPerseusSpartacus 7/7/13 6:53 p.m.
                                         Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapMartin 7/8/13 11:39 a.m.
                                               Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapPerseusSpartacus 7/8/13 12:55 p.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapGodot 7/7/13 3:32 a.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapPerseusSpartacus 7/7/13 8:44 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapGodot 7/7/13 3:04 a.m.
     Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapGodot 7/7/13 4:09 a.m.
           Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapPerseusSpartacus 7/7/13 8:36 a.m.
                 Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapGodot 7/7/13 9:10 a.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapPerseusSpartacus 7/7/13 9:29 a.m.
                       Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapHopper 7/7/13 1:40 p.m.
                             Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapGodot 7/8/13 4:33 a.m.
                                   Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapHopper 7/8/13 5:30 a.m.
                                         Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapPerseusSpartacus 7/8/13 8:14 a.m.
                                               Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapMartin 7/8/13 11:38 a.m.
                                                     Re: Tour of Duty - Colony Ship For Sale, CheapPerseusSpartacus 7/8/13 12:57 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.