/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Marathon logon graphic
Posted By: treellamaDate: 4/19/13 10:41 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Marathon logon graphic (PerseusSpartacus)

: No, but one day, I shall have to.

In that case you're in the same group as me. I'm sure I played through it years ago, but I don't remember enough of that to argue canon. My recent memories are of M1A1, an entirely different (and inferior, as I came to realize during the lead up to 1.0) game than Marathon.

So, it's not you canon lovers vs us developers--we're all canon lovers. But my primary motivation for adding this support is to allow myself and others to play through the real thing, without an emulator, with mouse (my keyboard skills are by now insufficient to play through the original enjoyably) and hi-res graphics if they want them. To figure out what the real thing is, like you, all I can do is read the story page, try to muddle through the original enough to test the changes. And most importantly, rely on the help of the few oldest guard Marathon players who are still around.

To me, whether or not a checkpoint is displayed with the location of the last chip, or whether you only have to tab one switch instead of all three when Leela tells you to put all three in, doesn't significantly affect how enjoyable or how real the experience is. Maybe the old timers disagree--or Hopper, who has recently been superhero amounts of helpful in this effort--in which case, we can reconsider. So far, I've heard no complaining :)

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon logon graphictreellama 4/6/13 4:01 a.m.
     Re: Marathon logon graphicGodot 4/6/13 5:43 a.m.
     Re: Marathon logon graphicHopper 4/7/13 6:46 p.m.
           Re: Marathon logon graphictreellama 4/8/13 3:41 a.m.
           Re: Marathon logon graphicGodot 4/8/13 10:39 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon logon graphictreellama 4/15/13 6:03 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon logon graphicGodot 4/15/13 9:52 a.m.
                             Re: Marathon logon graphicHopper 4/15/13 5:55 p.m.
                                   Re: Marathon logon graphicGodot 4/15/13 11:29 p.m.
                                         Re: Marathon logon graphicPerseusSpartacus 4/16/13 1:22 a.m.
                                               Re: Marathon logon graphictreellama 4/16/13 5:03 a.m.
                                                     Re: Marathon logon graphicPerseusSpartacus 4/17/13 8:20 p.m.
                                                           Re: Marathon logon graphicGodot 4/17/13 11:02 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Marathon logon graphicPerseusSpartacus 4/17/13 11:22 p.m.
                                                           Re: Marathon logon graphictreellama 4/18/13 3:50 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Marathon logon graphicPerseusSpartacus 4/18/13 6:23 p.m.
                                                                       Re: Marathon logon graphictreellama 4/19/13 5:37 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Marathon logon graphicPerseusSpartacus 4/19/13 9:30 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: Marathon logon graphictreellama 4/19/13 10:41 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: Marathon logon graphicHopper 4/19/13 2:29 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: Marathon logon graphicGodot 4/21/13 9:03 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.