/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

what are your favorite solo maps in the games?
Posted By: bakuDDDate: 4/1/13 9:28 a.m.

a few months ago i bought an imac G3 from ebay, and i replayed the trilogy for the first time in many many years, this time i was finally able to beat it with my "adult" gaming skills : ) (on Normal difficulty)

here are my personal picks for favorite and least favorite maps in the solo campaign

M1:
This game is my favorite of the three, I liked most of the maps especially the ones on the Phfor ship, I loved the music and textures there.
I didn't like G4 Sunbathing because I was running around frantically looking for the oxygen charger, and died a few times from no oxygen.
Ingue Ferroque, I died several times at the final lava maze, VERY unfair because if you make one wrong turn you die and have to start over from Try Again.

M2:
I liked What About Bob, the stage where you kill Durandal, the stages with Thoth, and the final stage.
If I Had A Rocket Launcher.... is my favorite level in the series.
I didn't like Ex Cathedra or that one stage which you have to jump out of water all the time. (Bob's Big Date?)

M3:
This game had some weaker levels than M2, but there were still some good ones, I liked Where Are Monsters In Dreams, Acme Station, Whatever You Please, Aye Mak Sicur, the Vidmaster levels
I don't like stages where the BOBs are shooting at you.... because they usually kill you faster than any aliens!!! However, I liked the "A Converted Church In Venice Italy" map, even though it was full of BOBs.
Hang Brain was the worst map in the whole series, your eyes are constantly blinded with juggernaut explosions, I bet someone thought that was cool but ACTUALLY ITS VERY ANNOYING!!! You are also surrounded by powered up aliens and no ammo., AND the layout is too confusing, I got cut off in one part of the map with no way out, I don't know how it happened but I was trapped there. So finally I used a cheater app for this stage only.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

what are your favorite solo maps in the games?bakuDD 4/1/13 9:28 a.m.
     Re: what are your favorite solo maps in the games?Godot 4/1/13 11:53 a.m.
           Re: what are your favorite solo maps in the games?bakuDD 4/3/13 9:38 a.m.
                 Re: what are your favorite solo maps in the games?Godot 4/3/13 10:28 a.m.
     Re: what are your favorite solo maps in the games?PerseusSpartacus 4/1/13 8:46 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.