/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: More fun with the Pathways Screenshot
Posted By: HopperDate: 9/20/12 4:24 p.m.

In Response To: Re: More fun with the Pathways Screenshot (Godot)

: Interesting point. I wonder if someone could check if the levels with dead
: body scenery items only contain the same live monsters.

Confirmed. No scenery items correspond to inactive monster collections, so any dead bodies indicate that survivors may be nearby. (I didn't actually look at how many dead bodies are placed, so I don't know how common corpses-as-scenery is.)

For experimenters: all of the placed items come from one of three collection sets:

1. The always-loaded items collection (ID 128)
2. The collections of the level's monsters (up to 3)
3. The specified loaded collections for the level (up to 8)

If Pathways is anything like Marathon, it's sure to crash if an item's collection isn't in any of those sets.

The latter two sets are specified in the map. In the stock map, the loaded-collections set never lists any monster collections; I don't know if it would work to add, say, the Headless collection to the loaded-collection list for HHCC. It's possible that would allow you to add different corpses as scenery.

I don't remember if I mentioned this before: all items in a level specify a collection and frame number, but not the color table. So, I'm pretty sure there's no way for the engine to include both Nightmares and Greater Nightmares on the same level.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

More fun with the Pathways ScreenshotPresident People 9/18/12 1:18 p.m.
     Re: More fun with the Pathways ScreenshotGodot 9/19/12 10:35 a.m.
           Re: More fun with the Pathways ScreenshotHopper 9/20/12 4:24 p.m.
                 Re: More fun with the Pathways ScreenshotGodot 9/21/12 7:39 a.m.
                       Re: More fun with the Pathways ScreenshotPresident People 9/21/12 8:40 a.m.
                       Re: More fun with the Pathways ScreenshotHopper 9/21/12 9:14 p.m.
                             Re: More fun with the Pathways ScreenshotGodot 9/21/12 10:58 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.