/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: M:PiD Dead?
Posted By: Winter WolfDate: 4/30/12 11:57 a.m.

In Response To: Re: M:PiD Dead? (PerseusSpartacus)

Has someone taken over my project? Huh, clearly I need to stop by here more often.

Last I knew I was the main fellow working on M:PiD, so here's my update.

The project is completely dead.

There was little to no interest in it, mappers hated working with PiD's textures, and a number of people told me that emulators made the project redundant, so what was the point? Given the apparent lack of interest, and my being very busy, I decided to put the project on ice.

I'm in possession of new chapter screens, new sprites, new color tables, a number of high resolution textures and monsters, as well as a few new monsters (one just a cheap retooling of the Banshee). One day I might find the time and energy to put everything together into a usable format.

As I was told, if you want to play PiD just use an emulator to get the real experience. PiD was not made to be played in the Marathon engine, and only the shooting element really crossed over.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

M:PiD Dead?PerseusSpartacus 4/25/12 9:32 a.m.
     Re: M:PiD Dead?MrM12LRV 4/25/12 10:32 a.m.
           Re: M:PiD Dead?PerseusSpartacus 4/25/12 2:32 p.m.
                 Re: M:PiD Dead?MrM12LRV 4/25/12 5:04 p.m.
                       Re: M:PiD Dead?PerseusSpartacus 4/25/12 6:12 p.m.
                             Re: M:PiD Dead?MrM12LRV 4/26/12 3:49 p.m.
                                   Re: M:PiD Dead?PerseusSpartacus 4/26/12 4:52 p.m.
                                         Re: M:PiD Dead?MrM12LRV 4/27/12 11:38 a.m.
                                               Re: M:PiD Dead?PerseusSpartacus 4/27/12 1:15 p.m.
                                                     Re: M:PiD Dead?Winter Wolf 4/30/12 11:57 a.m.
                                                           Re: M:PiD Dead?baile045 4/30/12 2:00 p.m.
                                                           Re: M:PiD Dead?PerseusSpartacus 4/30/12 4:22 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.